• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Roadrunner 360 Sunroof KB5 Blue

I don't know what the stock back spacing was on 15 x 7 Rallyes as my car came with aftermarket wheels. There is a section on this forum for suspension wheels and tires that you could check out. There are many discussions on this all over the forum; use the search tool. If you call any wheel vender or go on line to Summit,Coker, Jegs, etc.. they will list or tell you what stock back spacing was or should be. Remember you can always use spacers behind most wheels to space them out if you have room in the fenderwell.
As for your carpet question, try old JC Whitney. I think you can get carpet for damn near any car in any color of the rainbow for a lot less than most anywhere else. You can even order custom mats with names embroidered right in them. :)

Very cool car you have there! That's a nice color and the 360 sunroof makes it even more desirable.

Thanks for the info. I'm not finding the answer I'm looking for and I'm only off a quarter inch one way or another so maybe I'll buy the tires and then one of those rim measuring tools.

Here's a question for you guys. So my car is solid everywhere except the trunk floor. Today I was looking and I saw these 4 holes on each side by the trunk hinges. They would let rain go right in and could be why my trunk is gone. Any idea if they should be there for something before I weld them up?

The holes might be where rubber bumpers / anti rattle inserts go, like around your hood. Just a guess as I am not near my car to compare.

Nice car and like where your going with it.

As far as I can see, there is no reason to have those 4 holes at all. None on my 73 where you have yours.

I thought about rubber bumpers too but I looked online and found no other cars with those holes. Hey 73, i'm guessing since I can't find any reason for them I'll just weld them up. Do you have that single wire running up into the trunk lid? There is nothing electrical in the trunk lid so that seems out of place too.

Yep... Saw that... It's for the trunk light. Part of the light package on the "easy order option package" for this car.

Wire should go from near the lock through to trunk lid, down the driver's side hinge and to the wiring under the mat under the top of the spare. The light is a Mercury switch activated fixture and mounted with one screw in the inside of the lid near the lock.

Hope this helps.

Also, my car is a sunroof car so feel free to see my previous posts on that subject.

Last edited:
Yep... Saw that... It's for the trunk light. Part of the light package on the "easy order option package" for this car.

Wire should go from near the lock through to trunk lid, down the driver's side hinge and to the wiring under the mat under the top of the spare. The light is a Mercury switch activated fixture and mounted with one screw in the inside of the lid near the lock.

Hope this helps.

Also, my car is a sunroof car so feel free to see my previous posts on that subject.

Thanks.

I've read many of your posts. Your car is exactly how I want mine to turn out. My sunroof still doesn't work but I've been too busy to mess with it yet. It will come out this fall because my winter plan is to try and paint the car. We will see if I can get it done.

I can walk you through removing the sunroof when the time comes. Expect some rust around the edges of the roof opening. The weatherstrip design actually catches water.

Nice to see my posts go to good use. Thanks.

I can walk you through removing the sunroof when the time comes. Expect some rust around the edges of the roof opening. The weatherstrip design actually catches water.

Nice to see my posts go to good use. Thanks.

I'll take you up on that walk through. By the way, I had to stand on my head to see but you were right, there is a trunk light up in there. The bulb was loose so I wiggled it and now it works.

Regarding your wheel question.... My two bits is 275/60 15's on the rear with no spacers.

What a bitter sweet month it's been. I took the car to the autocross and had a blast. I put in 200 miles to and from the race too. The car was a hit with everyone and ran great. I was only a second behind a 2015 porsche so that was cool.

Then I got the job offer of a life time which requires me to relocate. I also found my dream car forsale and I can't take 3 classic cars, 2 daily drivers, and a motorcycle with me so I had to put the bird of forsale. I really wanted a convertible anyway and that what my dream car is so the situation has a silver lining. I put it on Minneapolis craigslist and will put it on eBay shortly.

If you know anyone looking send them my way.

I can say that if this car sells I'll get another one like it someday.

I hate to hear your selling your bird. I wish I had the extra or I would buy her from you since I have always wanted my 73 back. You can also post on the for sale section here for some extra exposure.

Well the car wasn't listed for sale for very long and the phone started ringing off the hook. I had a few people some see it but no one was ready to act. I got tired playing the game so when a nice guy came and offered me my asking price if he could pay half now and the pay the other half when he picked up the car, I accepted. It took 2 months but the car left today and I got a good price for the car. $9000 was a real good price. I was sad to see it go but happy to be done with the selling part.

Now I can focus my time on my new toy, a 1959 Corvette. I had to sell one car to buy the other but I am happy. This car has new paint but needs the trim put on.

I was hoping I could hold off and not add my comments. Too late.

I figure it doesn't matter if I hijack this thread, as he's sold the RR.

I wanna comment on a few things namely, building on a budget and BB vs SB.

So, I recently acquired a '73 SSP, 318 SB car. All original, clean as the day is long, which is what I crave in a car. My '72 Satellite was clean but not as well equipped as the '73. After spending lots over the years on my '70 Charger R/T and the '72, I'm going small budget on the '73. Exterior/interior/drivetrain need nothing, so all mechanical upgrades. I like a wolf in sheeps clothing. Sway bars, SG for the 8 1/4, 408 stroker so I can use the a/c and all engine accessories. Keeping the 904 and 8 1/4 rear end until they break, but it'll be the tires that break loose before the tranny does. Boring for a whole lotta folks, fun for me. Root2812 had a small budget and he was happy. Why not?

BB vs SB: I've always gone BB. The 440 in my '70 was numbers matching, and I built it back to stock. The 440 in the '72 was a bigger effort, as it was a SB car to begin with, so had to add/change everything out: k-frame, rear end, tranny, PS brackets, etc etc. Costly and time consuming chasing down. And it had a high lift cam and some other go-fast parts. Will the 408 be as ground-pounding as the 440s? Don't know. Will it be as sexy? Nope. Will it put a grin on my face as I leave two rubber strips behind me? Yup.

Congrats Root2812. Hope you had fun with it.

Opinions are like belly buttons...

Congrats on the sale and have fun with the Vette!
Personally, I'd rather have that Road Runner. Just my 2 cents.

I just dug up my old post. I was able to rebuy this car 4 1/2 years after I sold it. I regretted selling it and finally got the chance to get it back. I pick it up tomorrow. My other purchase I sold this car for didn’t work out for a family so I sold that after some fun.

I have to do some investigating to be sure but it seems the car is mostly how I left it. The guy said he took it home, pulled the motor, put in a stroker kit, fuel system mods, a cam, new intake and carb, and headers with a full exhaust. He then drove it around the block a few times and parked it inside. I am hoping he finds some documents on the stroker kit and cam so I know what I have or if any of that was even really done. Obviously some of the work is visible. He did also rattle can the engine bay black so I’ll have to fix that someday.

I’m glad to be getting my bird back! First order of business be to ensure it’s road ready then new wheels and tires. I am hoping this year to get that sunroof to function as it’s still stuck closed and to maybe start on body work. I’ve decided the car will be TX9 black with a white stripe instead of the factory KB5.

Auto Transport Service
Back