• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 318 engine paint color

J5 GTX

Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
fooked paint 318.jpg318 blue paint.jpgI know this question has been asked before. I did a forum search and an internet search. For my 1975 318 (late 1974 production) I came up with P4349217. I bought said can of paint and spray painted a valve cover. The comparison to the original untouched valve cover and what I painted is very different. The recent paint definitely looks more turquoise but, not quite.
I checked the paint can label, the P/N is correct.
1.So, is it a mislabeled can?
2.Can't get decent products anymore?
3. Years of heat exposure and grime discolored the original paint?
4. None of the above?

I've got two pictures that I heisted from internet sources, including this forum. The color representations are very accurate to what I have.

001.jpg003.jpg004.jpgThis shade of blue looks close to what you have in your car. I've got to redue mine. They've been on and off a lot and got scratched up.

What you got ain't right. The correct color is called Chrysler blue. I've never had problems because I always stick with the color name rather than a part number. Your number checks out. You got a mis labled can.

I didn't realize can picture was so blurry. Helps when my glasses are on. Can is Chrysler Blue like RustyRatRod said.

Thanks.
I bought some Chrysler Blue paint. It's Plastikote, couldn't get Dupli-color. Sprayed a valve cover. It may not be exact but, it's really close and I like it.
When I bought the paint, the girl behind the counter said, "here's your blue paint".
I smiled and said , "Chrysler Blue".
Later, as I was walking out the door, she said, "have a happy MOPAR night"!

Auto Transport Service
Back