• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Daytona Not mine

Detective D

Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
NOT MINE

Thought I would post this here, in case someone that actually likes these cars is interested before the flippers get a hold of it and it ends up on Mecum 3 owners later.

1700351612071.png

I would inquire but I just had the company meeting about our health insurance benefit for next year so I am not in the market for more projects. This sure would look good next to my blue Monaco though....

I bought one of those a few years ago. It had an XS vin! I sold it in one day and doubled my money.

They're nice cars, can be loaded with the last of the "cool" accessories (albeit the slapstik doesn't "slap" anymore), and the value seems to be going up.

For posterity:

VIN: XS22K5R279712

Screenshot_20231119-095957~2.png

Last edited:
These things seem to garner more enthusiasm than the '79 300. Maybe it's the preference of round headlights over stacked quads?

No offense but adding "Daytona" to any car places unrealized expectations on the car.
No way those "Cordobas" deserved the iconic name made famous by the original. They got worse though.....They put Daytona on FRONT wheel drive econoboxes and a Ram 1500 truck too.
As much as I love the DODGE brand, they have whored out the DAYTONA name not to honor the legacy but to sell boring cars at a higher profit margin.

No offense but adding "Daytona" to any car places unrealized expectations on the car.
No way those "Cordobas" deserved the iconic name made famous by the original. They got worse though.....They put Daytona on FRONT wheel drive econoboxes and a Ram 1500 truck too.
As much as I love the DODGE brand, they have whored out the DAYTONA name not to honor the legacy but to sell boring cars at a higher profit margin.
I agree. People like Cordobas though. And most of those people see this as a different flavor Cordoba.
Personally I don't see this thing as a private collection climate controlled warehouse car. I doubt it would ever get that way either. However, the body looks pretty dang solid, it has it's original wheels, and paint, and well looks like most everything. Which means someone hasn't been in their butchering the entire car..... yet.
It isn't worth enough for anyone to cry if you pull the 360 and put it in a shed full of oil in the cylanders under a tarp and drop a worked over 440 in.
It has enough charm, nobody will ignore it when they see it, and righteous burnouts await!

Probably, depending on how much the flippers are salivating over the limited production, on the cheap.
Based on a quick google search just now though, flippers AHOY! This car is going to get snapped up from the kid that wants it gone.
Then it will get a power wash and a weekend or two of elbow grease, get it to start, before it is advertised again for double.
Then someone will spend a few months working out the bugs, cut the paint, put some Walmart seat covers on it, make it reliably road worthy and ask probably 1/2 again on what they paid.
At this point it either gets picked up by a kid and "modified" (read: interior destroyed and sprayed flat black with some donk rims) or the end game flipper takes it and it ends up on Mecum, but then probably in his warehouse for a while because he will see dollar signs and the market is not there yet. See: The $35k car that did not sell some time ago. Yes, some guy tried to get 35k for one of these.
However by then this car is out of reach to the public and anyone that would want to enjoy it for what it is. So I posted it here where there may be a few people that want to and can afford to buff it out and do righteous burnouts and give it to their Grandson as their first Mopar

I've seen a lot worse for $4,000. However, it isn't running and mice were mentioned.

I've seen a lot worse for $4,000. However, it isn't running and mice were mentioned.
He says it doesn;t seem like mice got in.

LOL, I posted this when there was no price, only the first two pictures, and no description besides "late father, going to go check it out this weekend"
I think 4k is a bit ambitious, but then, flippers ahoy! He has probably been inundated with people's questions. Priced for demand I suppose.

I would drive it. I never did mind those, Magnums or Miranda's.

LOL, I posted this when there was no price, only the first two pictures, and no description besides "late father, going to go check it out this weekend"
I think 4k is a bit ambitious, but then, flippers ahoy! He has probably been inundated with people's questions. Priced for demand I suppose.
I'm slipping:p

I expected the worst (mice).
:lol:

Anyway, it's a nice $1,500 project for an ambitious teenager.

I don't hate those cars either. I remember them when they were new and even though they were basically a tape package they did look pleasant enough. A 400 would help immensely.

My guess is that mice have gotten in where the rear window used to be.

1700425260781.png

For what it would cost to bring that heap back, you're better off with this ....

or this ...

I've been seeing astronomical asking prices for clean examples of these at dealers lately.

Short of a cop car, which could still have a 440, a 400 or 360-4 in one of these or the aforementioned 300 was the top of the line B body in 75-79.

...and the Daytona had the "go faster" stripe and paint package.

Back seat on OP car looks pretty clean.

Auto Transport Service
Back