• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 Magnum found for sale

Northeast300

Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
I found this for sale on a facebook page....seems a little pricey to me but it's clean as hell!

nice. Yea a little high but always nice to see a clean car for sale. Wonder what he ends up selling it for.

Well, if it's not in need of anything, it might just be worth it, with the cost of paint and any other major work, a car neediing nothing (other than personal touches) might be worth the price. It is good, in some ways, that these cars are going for more, a double-edged sword, selling for high dollar is good, but if you're buying it's not so good

No vinyl top T top is kinda rare.

Nice but not 11K.

No vinyl top T top is kinda rare.

Nice but not 11K.
As "they" say, anything's worth what someone will pay for it. It's been for sale for a while I believe.

Don't get me wrong I likes me a Magnum.

I like T tops.

I love white with blue interior.

I hate vinyl tops.

That car checks off a lot of boxes.

Just not realistically worth 11K

Don't get me wrong I likes me a Magnum.

I like T tops.

I love white with blue interior.

I hate vinyl tops.

That car checks off a lot of boxes.

Just not realistically worth 11K

I agree in some respects, but that's the beauty of it all. I recently bought a bigblock GT with T's for a very reasonable price, not quite as nice as that one, but the owner gave me a great deal because of our friendship.

Lots of new Ohio members.

I grew up in Dayton.

My wife in Akron.

I had to move to Florida to find a nice Ohio girl!

As "they" say, anything's worth what someone will pay for it. It's been for sale for a while I believe.

I agree with this statement. I think it is worth 11K just in body work to be performed on a rusty car can ring in that kind of money never mind the nice interior and stock looking engine bay.

Of course the bottom line is what YOU will pay for a car. Some cars you can't give me to own. Like a Camaro of any year. I'll just resell it. Could t care less about one. I don't care what option or how rare the Camaro is, I just want it.
The only thing there good for is resale for money in my pocket.

Considering a Magnum is a 2 year run nameplate car, less than, what? A 110,000 sold total, it is a hard car to find and get parts for. Except the northwest and northern middle America where they seem to be a lot of them. LAMO!

I only know of 3 here on Long Island.

Actually, 88 thousand and change was the 2 year production :)

I agree with this statement. I think it is worth 11K just in body work to be performed on a rusty car can ring in that kind of money never mind the nice interior and stock looking engine bay.

Of course the bottom line is what YOU will pay for a car. Some cars you can't give me to own. Like a Camaro of any year. I'll just resell it. Could t care less about one. I don't care what option or how rare the Camaro is, I just want it.
The only thing there good for is resale for money in my pocket.

Considering a Magnum is a 2 year run nameplate car, less than, what? A 110,000 sold total, it is a hard car to find and get parts for. Except the northwest and northern middle America where they seem to be a lot of them. LAMO!

I only know of 3 here on Long Island.

110,000 is a LOT of cars! There were only 3,811 300's built in 1979 making it nearly impossible to find parts!

Well, for the price, I think it should be an exceptional condition car.

The best thing about a 300 is it will take all the regular parts save a few like bumpers and emblems. It should not be to hard to finish up.

Well, for the price, I think it should be an exceptional condition car.

The best thing about a 300 is it will take all the regular parts save a few like bumpers and emblems. It should not be to hard to finish up.

I rebuilt the front end a couple of months ago, a lot of bushings are bigger (sway bar) and other things are "heavy duty", just put rear coil overs shocks in today too!

You can't buy a whole 'lotta anything for under $10k anymore. If it shines, all there, doesn't need anything major, and you want it - it's not that bad.

I just sold a Lil Red Express I had for a year. I thought I paid too much for it but apparently I did not. It sold in less than a week and I made a couple bucks.

If someone can post a better one for equal or lesser, I would like to see it. However I would expect this car to have no more than 2-3 owners and ownership history.

I tell you what, look around & see what else you're gonna find that's as clean & not a rust-bucket for the money.

You can't buy a whole 'lotta anything for under $10k anymore. If it shines, all there, doesn't need anything major, and you want it - it's not that bad.

I just sold a Lil Red Express I had for a year. I thought I paid too much for it but apparently I did not. It sold in less than a week and I made a couple bucks.

TV shows like Fast & Loud over paying for rusted out cars have driven the prices of classics through the roof! It helps those who may be looking to sell but hurts those looking to buy!

Yep! It's a shame that the public will ether believe the price is real or they believe they can sell there chit for that price.
Knowing it is a TV show, the sellers get a premiere price. Everyone is happy. But play it like they got screwed.

Again, I'll stand by my statement. Echoed above by others, by the time you fix a rusted hulk, paying that price for rust free suddenly seems cheap.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/5746326244.html

This is not a Magnum, but it looks really clean and is one of our beloved late B's. It has been for sale for at least a year, first at $7K now for 6,500. Like people on here have said, it's what someone is willing to pay. A seat for every seat.

Auto Transport Service
Back