• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cordoba sells for almost 40K at Mecum

XS22J8R

Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
Last edited:
Says fully loaded and NO power windows? Two I had – had power windows and power driver’s seat. Go figure.

Glad its not my money. No doubt a nice car but does nothing for me.

I got some ocean front property in Arizona Id like to sell to the buyer! A fool and his money

A "Charlies Angels" lookalike Mustang II Cobra sold for $55K Saturday also. Malaise bringing some serious money now it seems.
When I was seeking a late B a few years ago for a comfortable cruiser, T tops or at least a sunroof were must haves. The one that sold for $38.5K is neat but didn't check the must have boxes for me.
Late B's have been on the move in recent times, but I'd thought mid 20s was top dollar. Was Mecum a fluke, or have prices gone up that much? Time will tell.

Amazing what some people will pay; but it’s about the rides they like. A Charlie’s Angels Mustang for $55k, when I saw a pristine ’67 GTO vert sell for the same price not long ago? To each their own.

My 76 Cordoba that I bought off the showroom floor had the same color combination but had a 400 and all the options. Still miss it to this day as it was the best car I have ever owned.

But, how will those high prices mean in the future for us that own '78-'79 Dodge Magnums let alone the few that own a "GT"?

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 9.52.05 AM.png

When I watch a mecum auction I'm constantly amazed at cars that sell for twice-ten times what I'd be willing to pay, even if I had the mad money.
Example- decent mid eighties nothing special single cab Ford pickup, 25k.
I attended an auction where a VW 23 window van sold for 10 grand more than a green 69 road runner........ that was a real Hemi car!

I bought a 78 new, it was right around 10K with T-tops, "rich Corinthian leather" interior as Ricardo Maltaban called it and all the options. It had a 400 which I thought was a real dog. It did go fast enough to centerpunch a utility pole and knock my front teeth out though. I have never gotten used to those seat belt thingys. There may have been several many beers involved too.

Last edited:
Mecum is a car show for us bottom feeders!!

When you put a whole bunch of fancy cars all together at one spot, and have an auctioneer and have a bunch of people with money and an open bar......

Mecum is a car show for us bottom feeders!!

When you put a whole bunch of fancy cars all together at one spot, and have an auctioneer and have a bunch of people with money and an open bar......
The open bar may explain why some of those cars get bought at huge prices, next day hangover ; WTF did I buy ??

Not something I would pay $40 grand for but it does look like a creampuff. That's what you get for $40,000 now days.

I thought we'd talked about this one a couple years ago when it sold for $24,000 on BAT but can't find it now.
I remember a thread on it where everyone was amazed what a Cordoba sold for, maybe it was in a different site.
Well it sold for over 50% more than that at Mecum Saturday.
1979 Chrysler Cordoba at Kissimmee 2024 as K214 - Mecum Auctions
BAT in late 2021
No Reserve: 8k-Mile 1979 Chrysler Cordoba
A low mile Mirada sold for just shy of $30K shortly after the Cordoba Saturday
I drove a Cordoba back in the day, decent car for its day. The one in the link is a pretty car. But late 70's early 80's were just not real good vehicles. I worked at a Chevy dealer those years as well, cars have really came a long way in my lifetime. I kind of go by the deal that in collector cars, the generation with money to buy wants to buy the car they had sex in the first time, or wanted to have sex in the first time. I just assume a Cordoba was his first time, to pay that much. Mine was a 70 Dodge Dart, and I own a 69 Cuda which is what I wanted when I bought the 340 4-speed Dart.

It has over stuffed seats that put you in the mood.
I knew a car dealer that went to auctions and drank too much. I knew his mechanic, so I saw some of the junk he brought home. I once drove a 56 T-bird across town for him. I don't know what the previous owner did to it, but I was afraid for my life

It has over stuffed seats that put you in the mood.
I knew a car dealer that went to auctions and drank too much. I knew his mechanic, so I saw some of the junk he brought home. I once drove a 56 T-bird across town for him. I don't know what the previous owner did to it, but I was afraid for my life
Funny you mention a 56 t bird. When i was in high school there was a used car dealer where I lived. He had a back row of 55 to 60 t birds in various stages of disrepair, they were selling at an average of $200.00 dollars apiece. That was in the 70's. Maybe not a lot of parts support for those cars then.

Auto Transport Service
Back