• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cordoba sells for almost 40K at Mecum

I will sure as hell put my '79 300 up against any Cordoba. Maybe a Cordoba with a 400 cid will get me on top end on the highway, but not likely in the quarter mile.

But hey, these are two metric ton boulevard cruisers

Nice, reliable cars

Certainly, better than anything offered by General Motors or Ford.

Better looking too.

Getting into $40k for a Cordoba territory means going into P-car territory instead...
Porsche 911 SC.

I thought we'd talked about this one a couple years ago when it sold for $24,000 on BAT but can't find it now.
I remember a thread on it where everyone was amazed what a Cordoba sold for, maybe it was in a different site.
Well it sold for over 50% more than that at Mecum Saturday.
1979 Chrysler Cordoba at Kissimmee 2024 as K214 - Mecum Auctions
BAT in late 2021
No Reserve: 8k-Mile 1979 Chrysler Cordoba
A low mile Mirada sold for just shy of $30K shortly after the Cordoba Saturday
Insanity

I absolutely hate to hear "lean burn" referred to everything in the late 1970's. The "Electronic Spark Control" was a different critter altogether...it was designed to operate near the preferred stoichiometric optimum ratio. It was NOT a lean burn system!!!

The "Lean Burn" was definitely lean.
The "ESC' was definitely NOT lean.

There is a difference!
In other words stop being a f-ing idiot.

Nope. Don't care if it's blown, injected, or turbo'ed. Cordoba does not excite me.
Agree, after about 74-75 I fell off the Mopar wagon. In the early 80s my company started making us get the Dodge K car station wagons. That turned me off to Mopar until the 2000s when the new Challengers came out. But I was always looking for the right classic car to show up for restoration and that finally happened in 2016 with this Charger that I now have.

I absolutely hate to hear "lean burn" referred to everything in the late 1970's. The "Electronic Spark Control" was a different critter altogether...it was designed to operate near the preferred stoichiometric optimum ratio. It was NOT a lean burn system!!!

There is a difference!
Thanks. I had them confused as the same thing too.

My buddy sent me this on messenger a few days ago and I didn’t even open the message to check it out. About 30 minutes from the house, same color with low mileage on it asking 10k, back seat look faded to me for low mileage but who knows. I just clicked on it and it sold. How ignorant I was thinking that was way too much for it I guess.

063BE009-0449-47A8-8E48-336A2829BA87.jpeg

There is a difference!
True, but it's like everything else, when a name gets attached to something, it becomes muddled with something else. It becomes a habit when you get another job, you called it what you're used to saying.

Don't recall a b-body Cordoba available with a /6.
Liked the body style of the ’80 Cordoba and the new Mirada. One I had was well appointed with leather, buckets, floor shift, etc. but oh…the six. Lol, maybe one I had was the only one with a six in it. When I worked at a machine shop, the two owners leased them when they came out I think in ‘75. Going for a ride in it, I thought my boss let out a nasty fart. Later I was driving it home for lunch and to show my folks this new-fangled model, and damn, stunk like a fart. First time I had driven a car with a catalytic convertor. My boss liked to borrow my Challenger and would give me the keys to his Doba. One night I drove it into town to meet some car buddies and they were surprised asking what this was all about. I said I traded in the Challenger for it. All I needed was a white suit to contrast with the imbedded grim under my nails back when. No wearing gloves back then for those nasty-greasy jobs I did all day. Only gloves in the shop were the couple pair of community ones for handling hot materials. If you had clean hands before putting those one, they were grimy when taking them off, lol.

Liked the body style of the ’80 Cordoba and the new Mirada. One I had was well appointed with leather, buckets, floor shift, etc. but oh…the six. Lol, maybe one I had was the only one with a six in it. When I worked at a machine shop, the two owners leased them when they came out I think in ‘75. Going for a ride in it, I thought my boss let out a nasty fart. Later I was driving it home for lunch and to show my folks this new-fangled model, and damn, stunk like a fart. First time I had driven a car with a catalytic convertor. My boss liked to borrow my Challenger and would give me the keys to his Doba. One night I drove it into town to meet some car buddies and they were surprised asking what this was all about. I said I traded in the Challenger for it. All I needed was a white suit to contrast with the imbedded grim under my nails back when. No wearing gloves back then for those nasty-greasy jobs I did all day. Only gloves in the shop were the couple pair of community ones for handling hot materials. If you had clean hands before putting those one, they were grimy when taking them off, lol.
The downsized 80's Cordoba were available with the /6. I don't recall ever coming across a 70's Cordoba with that.

The downsized 80's Cordoba were available with the /6. I don't recall ever coming across a 70's Cordoba with that.
Lol, in my case I wish the 80's Cordoba's didn't have six's...thinking more economical for the family. My dad made the same mistake about 20 years earlier; he bought a six Comet...think he tolerated it for 6 months and gone.

Lol, in my case I wish the 80's Cordoba's didn't have six's...thinking more economical for the family. My dad made the same mistake about 20 years earlier; he bought a six Comet...think he tolerated it for 6 months and gone.
And not very economical at all. Worst car I ever had was a mid 70's Dart with a /6.

Maybe me, and others, should put our '79 300 cars on a chassis dyno at some point. I think there will be some surprised people.
The 79 300 I had years ago was one of the best cars I've ever had. One reason I got my look-alike today... which is again, a great reliable car even though it's not the performance model.

I bought a 76 Doba 318, in 79 that had been traded into the local chubby dealer. It looked like brand new with only 38000 mi. Burgundy with same color vinyl top and dark maroon velour interior with the insert in the seats that looked like an indian blanket. The po traded it off because it wouldn't run right, and the chubby dealer couldn't get it to run right either. They took it to the local Mopar guy at the Phillips station and he found out the tailpipe was one of those pipe inside of a pipe and the inner pipe had collapsed restricting the exhaust. New tailpipe and it ran like new. Wish I had it back.

RJ.
No disrespect, but are you sure you had a 1979? Last year for a big block was 1978. I own a 1979 Chrysler 300 with 360 Police HD factory all original. BB was no longer an optio. Also remember being a Dodge Magnum in the showroom 1978 with a 400. No longer an option in 1979.

Your right I typed the year wrong it was a 78 I had

RJ.
No disrespect, but are you sure you had a 1979? Last year for a big block was 1978. I own a 1979 Chrysler 300 with 360 Police HD factory all original. BB was no longer an optio. Also remember being a Dodge Magnum in the showroom 1978 with a 400. No longer an option in 1979.

All I know is this somebody is going to start looking for a pristine, one-owner Reliant K in anticipation of the next overhyped market trend. Wish me many lucks.

All I know is this somebody is going to start looking for a pristine, one-owner Reliant K in anticipation of the next overhyped market trend. Wish me many lucks.
Plymouth Reliant Station Wagon with genuine simulated woodgrain on the exterior.
:D

Auto Transport Service
Back