• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 1/2 week road trip from Massachusetts to Florida and back

This is the East Coast of Florida, Flagler just north of Daytona. A good place to eat on A1A with a parking lot.

A3828750-B5EB-4EB7-8CC5-5C8D5B3E60A5.jpeg

Made it down to Luray,VA on Friday and toured the cave there. Pretty spectacular! I wanted to drive on Skyline Drive on Saturday, but rain and low clouds prevented that, so we drove straight down to Savannah to stay for the night. Thinking about driving the inland route on the way back to see what we couldn’t on the way down.

With only about 3 1/2 hours left to drive today, be at our friend’s place on the west coast before noon. The 77 degree temp yesterday wasn’t too tough to take compared to the high 30’s-low 40’s that we’ve been used to back home.
Savannah is great. Hospitality was great there when we went 20 years ago with lots of good people. We ate out on Tybee Island in a nice restaurant overlooking the ocean. Enjoy your travels!

There is a place in Lake Wales, Florida called Cherry Pocket. An old Fish Camp that will certainly be bulldozed soon. Old Florida. Sort of Central. Good food, brew, and see the alligators. Interstate 4 Sucks from Tampa to Orlando 24/7.

E843969F-5763-40FE-B7E7-5CD71E621842.png

Georgia is nice this time of year if you get back that way. Take more pictures. This is Americus and some Tybee on the Coast. Stay away from Athens asshole Mayor.

CEC192E3-BA68-454D-A14E-03F9A91A4E50.jpeg

94B946AC-C15C-4150-9461-D92FEABE8E6E.jpeg

A29461DE-283E-45D2-937A-4071F5E97D2F.jpeg

0115A08A-1E64-4BF7-A3D3-F252A0D2F3C4.jpeg

"so I'll be a little scarce here for a while." Dickie you really didn't mean this in your first post? Got FBBO in your blood.:lol:

Isn't there a large ball of string that you can go look at or something? You can tie it to the bumper like the dog in the vacation movie! Lol The Weezer song sweater comes to mind!

Isn't there a large ball of string that you can go look at or something? You can tie it to the bumper like the dog in the vacation movie! Lol The Weezer song sweater comes to mind!
Miami Beach back in the 60's had a very dominant senior ethic flavor that sat every evening in multi lines of fully occupied patio chairs in front of their B class hotels on the strip, watching the cars full of out of towners driving by looking at the old folks sitting in their chairs looking at them.
Maybe that is still a thing? :screwy:

i kinda forgot to mention if ya head inland a bit in new york the niagara falls is a sight to behold. if ya need intel of falls lemme know , i can advise some . i kinda forget it’s a tourist attraction living so close my whole life ….

Supposed to be a rocket launch at 7:00 this evening. Going to a Mexican restaurant where there’s supposed to be a good view.

I haven’t had Mexican food for at least three hours. Where are you?

Supposed to be a rocket launch at 7:00 this evening. Going to a Mexican restaurant where there’s supposed to be a good view.
A unique rocket launch at Cape Canaveral for viewing location is from a Day cruise ship offshore that is usually nearby but a bit down range of the launch, and the rocket almost tracks overhead.

Well done.:thumbsup:
I watched the first man moon launch, a Saturn 5, about 7? miles away nighttime. The sound impressed me, sounded like eggs and bacon sizzling, but loud.
What did you hear?

Auto Transport Service
Back