• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2012 meltdown drags pics

There are the Nostalgia Drags at Milan in September;a number of the cars pictured here show up,but not in the amount seen at Rockford.

yeah there were a lot of cars there looks like final rough count i heard was like 350 cars just racing not counting the show cars i plan to bring my car down to milan for that event my friend will be racing his 65 altered wheelbase car the belvedere there hes in the greatlakes gassers club maybe i will see you there.

yeah theres a few more.

Attachments

• scotts meltdown 236.jpg
    scotts meltdown 236.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 250
  • scotts meltdown 237.jpg
    scotts meltdown 237.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 229
  • scotts meltdown 242.jpg
    scotts meltdown 242.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 251
  • scotts meltdown 258.jpg
    scotts meltdown 258.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 137.jpg
    137.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 258
  • 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 257
  • 131.jpg
    131.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 153.jpg
    153.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 163.jpg
    163.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 171.jpg
    171.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 246
  • 173.jpg
    173.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 175.jpg
    175.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 176.jpg
    176.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 244.jpg
    244.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 236
WOW!!!!!That event looks as good as the Nosalgia Nations at Beaver Springs!!Fantastic job on the picture takin"

WOW!!!!!That event looks as good as the Nosalgia Nations at Beaver Springs!!Fantastic job on the picture takin"

i went to the beaver springs nostalgic nationals last year and i liked it and this one this year so i have been to both not bashing the beaver but i believe this event had more cars and spectators in attendance and there was more emphasis on being era correct wheels paint etc they were trying to recreate a vintage 1966 drag meet but i like both events just differently they both rock.

i went to the beaver springs nostalgic nationals last year and i liked it and this one this year so i have been to both not bashing the beaver but i believe this event had more cars and spectators in attendance and there was more emphasis on being era correct wheels paint etc they were trying to recreate a vintage 1966 drag meet but i like both events just differently they both rock.

That's a concept that I'd like to see implemented at the Milan event-period correctness! My Sport Fury would fit right in,as that's where I went appearance-wise. Newer Weld,M/T,Billet,etc. wheels do not belong on an old-school-looking gasser or S/S car-unless it is a safety issue. That I understand;50+ year-old wheels can be rather fatigued. Damn nice repro stuff is out there,and meets most SEMA specs.

That's a concept that I'd like to see implemented at the Milan event-period correctness! My Sport Fury would fit right in,as that's where I went appearance-wise. Newer Weld,M/T,Billet,etc. wheels do not belong on an old-school-looking gasser or S/S car-unless it is a safety issue. That I understand;50+ year-old wheels can be rather fatigued. Damn nice repro stuff is out there,and meets most SEMA specs.

i actually was told that at the meltdown drags they had to turn some people away at the gates because there cars didnt meet event criteria like there wheels were to modern and or paint or over all theme of car was to modern looking didnt fit the 1966 look they were after i guess thats why they wanted people to email pics of there cars prior to the event so there car was approved for the event i know some guys were changing out there wheels there at the event so they could participate everyone there thoughthat i met were very nice people.

More cool shots... Thanks

I saw your Coronet there, it was a great event. I live 12 miles from there and I take my son to the track a lot. He even said, "it was the best time ever at Byron". He's 11. Thanks for the great pictures!

I saw your Coronet there, it was a great event. I live 12 miles from there and I take my son to the track a lot. He even said, "it was the best time ever at Byron". He's 11. Thanks for the great pictures!

hey glad you guys came out and enjoyed the event i will be back next year hopefully the hemi will be done in time for it so i can put on a better show with the coronet.

still some more.

Attachments

• scotts meltdown 248.jpg
    scotts meltdown 248.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 097.jpg
    097.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 199.jpg
    199.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 214.jpg
    214.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 2012 meltdown drags 032.JPG
    2012 meltdown drags 032.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 216
those are cool too...

The altered orange 65 coronet is a local guy.He drives the car on the street regularly.Really nice guy to shoot the **** with.The guy that owns the belvedere I met just recently at the milan mopar day.Another good guy to shoot the **** with.Both are beautiful cars and the owners are class acts.Looked to be a great show.Badd *** cars and good company to go with it!

The altered orange 65 coronet is a local guy.He drives the car on the street regularly.Really nice guy to shoot the **** with.The guy that owns the belvedere I met just recently at the milan mopar day.Another good guy to shoot the **** with.Both are beautiful cars and the owners are class acts.Looked to be a great show.Badd *** cars and good company to go with it!

yeah the guy with the coronet is wally and hes a really nice guy and the guy with the belvedere is a really good friend of mine his name is scott i helped him do some of the work on that car i remember when him and i first went and looked at that car when it was for sale some one had painted it petty blue and looked like it was headed for the junkyard but the structure was really solid good cowl and frame rails it was far from what it looks like now it was a factory 383 four speed satellite there is a build thread on the 62to65 section on here about it called how about this altered we will be back down to milan in sept for the nostalgic event i may be bringing my car also maybe we will see you there and we can shoot the ****.

awesome pics, gonna have to check that out some time!!

Auto Transport Service
Back