• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 9th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Are You Ready For Some NITRO?!!

If I remember reed didn’t play last year. I also remember Bel you said you weren’t going to play this year but glad to see you changed your mind. Thanks

Some of you may remember that I sold my 66 a few years back, it’s been tough to deal with but my plan is to get back in the game in 2 years. Playing this game and just being part of this forum helps a lot. Thanks guys!!

Glad to have you alsant! Don't fret about your car. I went 25 years without an old Mopar at one point. I admire anyone who has their priorities straight and does the right thing. You are correct, Reed didn't play last year, either. I got to meet him at Mopars in the Park last year - which was really cool. It was a short visit, but maybe we'll have more time next time. Always fun to meet fellow members. I've gotten to be friends with some of the guys in the SE part of WI over the years - lots of fun meeting up with those guys from time to time.

Ok...back to our normally scheduled program....

Some of you may remember that I sold my 66 a few years back, it’s been tough to deal with but my plan is to get back in the game in 2 years. Playing this game and just being part of this forum helps a lot. Thanks guys!!
:bananadance:it's good to have you here too :thumbsup:

Congratulations to new player 'Garry in AZ' (FABO) for winning the opening NHRA National Event Top Qualifier title of the 2019 NHRA season at the 59th annual Winternationals with a very nice total of 22.5 bonus points. He picked the #3 qualifier in Top Fuel, the #1 qualifier in Funny Car and the #2 qualifier in Pro Stock. Way to go!
'Duster79' (FABO) and 'super-bee-Ski' (FBBO) shared the #2 qualifier spot with 22.0 bonus points. More great picks!
Good luck all in eliminations tomorrow!

We have 16 players starting off the 2019 NHRA "Pick 'Em game season and 13 different driver combos made up of:
* 5 different Top Fuel drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #5 qualifier Mike Salinas (2 picks) and #10 qualifier Clay Millican (1 pick). There could be one head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations if they both survive the opening round.
* 7 different Funny Car drivers with two Round 1 head-to-head matchups. One between #4 qualifier Matt Hagan (2 picks) and #13 qualifier John Force (2 picks), and the other betwee #3 qualifier Tommy Johnson Jr. (1 pick) and #14 qualifier Tim Wilkerson (1 pick). There could be two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 4 different Pro Stock drivers picked this week. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups and a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations.

Good luck all!

Finally, here are the results and point standings following completion of the opening NHRA event of the 2019 season.
Unusual SoCal weather for the Winternationals.

Congratulations to 'alsant' (FBBO) for being "Top Picker Eliminator" for the Lucas Oil Winternationals, the first event of 2019, with an outstanding point total of 132.0 points with a class win in Funny Car. Both his Top Fuel and Pro Stock picks went to the finals but lost there. He was helped by ET bonus points in both Top Fuel and Funny Car.
'Back in Time' (FABO) and 'cuda20' (FABO) shared the runner-up spot with 101.5 points each. Both scored with a class win in Funny Car and their Top Fuel picks lost in the finals. Their Pro Stock pick lost in the opening round of eliminations. They both also picked up ET bonus points in Top Fuel and Funny Car.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Steve Torrence, 3.657 during qualifying
Speed - Mike Salinas, 334.40 during Round 2 of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Robert Hight, 3.856 during Round 2 of eliminations
Speed - John Force, 333.74 during Round 1 of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Robert Brogdon, 6.522 during qualifying
Speed - Bo Butner, 213.10 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the 1st event of the 2019 season:

132.0 - alsant (FBBO)
101.5 - Back in Time (FABO)
101.5 - cuda20 (FABO)
87.5 - Garry in AZ (FABO)
87.0 - super-bee_ski (FBBO)
85.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO)
77.0 - Duster79 (FABO)
68.5 - 64BEL (FBBO)
64.5 - stroked340 (FABO)
64.5 - Budnicks (FBBO)
64.5 - memike (FABO)
62.0 - SSG Karg (FABO)
39.0 - johnnycuda (FABO)
38.5 - 71dartswinger (FABO)
37.5 - ocdart (FABO)
20.0 - MomsDuster (FABO)

The 2nd race of the 2019 season, the 35th annual NHRA Arizona Nationals, is February 22-245, at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Chandler, AZ.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts on Friday, February 22 in order to qualify for all event bonus points. Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 3:30PM EST (12:30 PM PST).
The Arizona Nationals entry list is posted on NHRA.com but doesn't yet show entries. Keep checking http://www.nhra.com/events/entrylist02.aspx for an updated entry list.
Pro Stock Motorcycle will not run until the 3rd race of the 2019 season at Gainesville, Fl.
Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Oops! A day late in posting your Tuesday before the event reminder.
The Arizona Nationals start Friday, February 22nd. Current forecast calling for high temp of 51F on Friday with rain continuing from Thursday night diminishing to 50% chance of rain at 4:00PM MST and then mostly sunny after that. 54F on Saturday with 40% chance of some rain, and 58F on Sunday with no forecast of rain for either day. Looks like this may be a 2-run Saturday qualifying event.
The current entry list shows:
16 Top Fuel - Jordan Vandergriff will be making his Top Fuel debut
17 Funny Car - Blake Alexander will be making his Funny Car debut affiliated with Tim Wilkerson
18 Pro Stock

The surprise in Top Fuel is that there is still no entry out of DSR for Tony Schumacher at the Arizona Nationals.

Get your picks posted!

Ill go with

TF Antron Brown
FC Matt Hagan
PS Jason Line

Arizona picks

T/F Steve Torrence

F/C Ron Capps

P/S Bo Butner

Good luck everyone

The surprise in Top Fuel is that there is still no entry out of DSR for Tony Schumacher at the Arizona Nationals.
still no main #1 sponsor
Dad's to cheap to put his own company on the car
fund it out of pocket
I wonder what's up with the rest of his team, crew-chief etc.
or something else 'is going on' possibly
that we don't know about

don't get me wrong I'm not a 'real Tony fan', at all,
not by any stretch

BUT;
How can you have a 8 time T/F champ
most winning T/F driver, not in a car, racking up points
2 weeks into the season, when points races adds up
especially when his dad owns the whole damn team
& fields 5 other cars in T/F & F/C

boggles the mind

Last edited:
NHRA
Phoenix 22-24 February 2019

Top Fuel: Steve Torrence

Funny Car: Robert Hight

Pro Stock: Bo Butner

Steve Torrence
Tommy Johnson Jr
Bo Butner

Good luck everyone!

35th annual Arizona Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1

Weather: 55F, 44% relative humidity, barometer 28.63, adjusted altitude 2,415', track temp 83F

TF: Brittany Force, 4.976 @ 185.28 (Only 6 TF made attempts. Jim Maroney was 2nd with a 8.697 @ 53.86)

FC: Matt Hagen, 3.942 @ 321.50 (Only 13 FC made attempts. John Force was 2nd with a 5.447 @ 140.33)
PS: No PS attempts during Q1 - NHRA pulled the plug on any further qualifying/racing on Friday

Q2

Weather: 55F, 40% relative humidity, barometer 29.04, adjusted altitude 1,133', track temp 99F

TF: Terry McMillen, 3.695 @ 330.96

FC: Robert Hight, 3.882; Matt Hagan @ 327.82
PS: Bo Butner, 6.522; Jason Line @212.03

Q3
Weather: 59F, 33% relative humidity, barometer 28.99, adjusted altitude 1,432', track temp 83F

TF: Billy Torrence, 3.667; Terry McMillen @ 330.96
FC: Robert Hight, 3.867 @ 329.91
PS: Bo Butner, 6.522; Jason Line @212.16

Last edited:
Congratulations to alsant (FBBO) for winning the Top Qualifier title for the 34th annual Arizona Nationals with a very nice total of 22.0 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifier in Funny Car and the #3 qualifier in both Top Fuel and Pro Stock. Way to go!
'Nick2317' (FBBO) grabbed the #2 qualifier spot with 21.5 bonus points.
New player 'Garry in AZ' is the highest FABO qualifier with 18.0 bonus points in the #3 spot.
More great picks!
Good luck all in eliminations tomorrow!

We have 17 players this week and 17 different driver combos made up of:
* 6 different Top Fuel drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #3 qualifier Antron Brown (4 picks) and #14 qualifier Steve Torrence (9 picks). There could be one head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations if they both survive the opening round.
* 7 different Funny Car drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #8 qualifier John Force (1 pick) and the #9 qualifier Ron Capps (3 picks). There could also be two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 5 different Pro Stock drivers picked this week with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #7 qualifier Jeg Coughlin Jr. (1 pick) and #10 qualifier Greg Anderson (3 picks). There could be one head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations.

Two players did not make new picks this week nor did they 'lock' their picks last week. By game rules their picks from the Winternationals were carried over to the Arizona Nationals. This gives them the opportunity to pick up Round win points, but they are not eligible for event bonus points for any event their previous picks are carried over to. Each of them received 0 qualifying bonus points and they will not be eligible for either ET or Speed bonus points.
Please either 'lock' your picks or make sure you make new picks for each event.

Good luck all!

way to go aslant & nick :thumbsup:

my T/F & F/C picks sucked

but they usually race well, I'm depending on it now... :BangHead:

I received a Facebook post from Bob Tasca III, he ran a 3.9 in qualifying under terrible conditions

Auto Transport Service
Back