• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 9th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Are You Ready For Some NITRO?!!

I received a Facebook post from Bob Tasca III, he ran a 3.9 in qualifying under terrible conditions
cool stuff

it's a one lane racetrack from what I saw
the right lane is good, but the left nobody got down it
I'm surprised more of these guys don't have a
cool weather/track set up, tire smoke/shake fest,
for the majority of them

Robert Hight didn't have any problems 3.80 something
neither did Billy Torrence 3.66 something

It's gonna' be a clutch management race,
unless it heats up a bit

NHRA is doing something different with the TV coverage of the 2019 Arizona Nationals, the Sunday coverage is "nitro only" and the Pro Stock coverage will be broadcast Tuesday evening.
I won't be posting any results until Wednesday at the earliest so y'all can watch the TV coverage without already knowing the results.

Why are they even bothering to show Pro Stock at all?Sheesh! Talk about a red headed step child.
I think we need to get a poll going on when the implosion date of the NHRA will be.

Nice pickin' alsant!

yep
Tuesday 1 hr special Pro-Stock 'insiders' show all on it's own

it's just dying a slow & painful death, prolonged now

Sadly, I truly Like Perf Stock because it is more of a "Average Joe's " race, you do not have to have $100 million Dollars, yes, it is expensive but heck Schumacher and Force own multiple cars, less chance of Domination in Pro Stock...
just saying

Here are the results and point standings following completion of the 2nd NHRA event of the 2019 season.
Still unusually cold weather for the Arizona Nationals.

Congratulations to 'Nick2317' (FBBO) for being "Top Picker Eliminator" for the Arizona Winternationals, the second event of 2019, with a nice point total of 96.5 points with a class win in Funny Car. His Top Fuel pick lost in the semi-finals and his Pro Stock pick lost in the second round of eliminations. He was helped by Speed bonus points in Pro Stock.
'71dartswinger' (FABO) was the event runner-up with 96.0 points. Both his Funny Car and Pro Stock picks went to the final round of eliminations before losing, and his Top Fuel pick lost in the semi-finals.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Billy Torrence, 3.667 during qualifying
Speed - Jordan Vandergriff, 333.41 during Round 1 of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Robert Hight, 3.867 during qualifying
Speed - Robert Hight, 329.91 during qualifying

Pro Stock
E.T. - Bo Butner, 6.522 during qualifying
Speed - Jason Line, 212.16 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the 2nd event of the 2019 season:

219.0 - alsant (FBBO)
182.0 - Nick2317 (FBBO)
175.5 - Garry in AZ (FABO)
174.0 - cuda20 (FABO)
163.0 - Back in Time (FABO)
159.0 - Duster79 (FABO)
149.5 - super-bee_ski (FBBO)
137.5 - SSG Karg (FABO)
134.5 - 71dartswinger (FABO)
109.5 - 64BEL (FBBO)
93.0 - Budnicks (FBBO)
92.0 - MomsDuster (FABO)
73.5 - stroked340 (FABO)
72.5 - ocdart (ABO)
64.5 - memike (FABO)
51.0 - Nitro Will (FABO)
49.0 - johnnycuda (FABO)

The 3rd race of the 2019 season, the 50th annual Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals, is March 14-17, at Gainesville Raceway in Gainesville, FL.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts on Friday, March 15 in order to qualify for all event bonus points. Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 1:15PM EST (10:15 PM PST).
The Gatornationals entry list is posted on
NHRA.com and currently shows 16 Top Fuel, 15 Funny Car, 14 Pro Stock and 12 Pro Stock Motorcycle entries but that is always subject to change. Keep checking the NHRA.com website for an updated entry list to make sure your picks are competing at this event.
This is the first 2019 event for Pro Stock Motorcycle so make sure you make a pick for this class if you haven't already done so. You don't want to miss out on available points.
Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Here's your Tuesday before the event reminder for the 50th annual Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals.
Professional classes at the Gators start Friday, March 15th. Current forecast calling for high temp of 84F on Friday with a 60% chance of rain starting about noon and continuing to 5:00PM. Saturday forecast is a high temp of 71F and cloudy, and Sunday forecast shows a high temp of 73F and partly sunny.
The current entry list shows:
18 Top Fuel - still no sign of a Tony Schumacher entry
16 Funny Car
17 Pro Stock
23 Pro Stock Motorcycle

Make sure you post a Pro Stock Motorcycle pick for this event.

Get your picks posted!

Nice picks last race Nick

Gator's

T/F Steve Torrence

F/C Robert Hight

P/S Bo Butner

P/SM Matt Smith

good luck everyone

Gator nats

TF Antron Brown
FC matt Hagan
PS Jason Line
PSM gator Jerry

TF: Austin Prock
FC: Cruz Pedregon
PS: Bo Butner
PSM: Hector Arana Jr

Will they bury PSM along with PS in mid week coverage? What a joke the NHRA is becoming.

Good Luck Everyone

Gainesville Fla "Gator Nationals"

Top Fuel:
Leah Pritchard

Funny Car:
Bob Tasca III

Pro Stock:
Erica Enders

Pro Bike:
Angelle Sampay

50th annual Amalie Motor Oil Gatornationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 82F, 54% relative humidity, barometer 29.88, adjusted altitude 2,315', track temp 105F

TF: Steve Torrence, 3.800; Leah Pritchett @ 321.88
FC: Ron Capps, 4.017; John Force @313.66
PS: Bo Butner, 6.557; Jason Line @ 211.16
PSM: Matt Smith, 6.753 @ 200.95

...and Warren Johnson had the rest of the 8-car field covered in Unfinished Business with a 14.965 @ 97.26 during the 1st round of Eliminations. The next quickest was Shirley Muldowney with a 15.492, and the next fastest was Don Prudhomme @ 95.72. The old doorslammer got the best of all the rest.

Q2
Weather: 84F, 54% relative humidity, barometer 29.82, adjusted altitude 2,599', track temp 109F

TF: T.J. Zizzo, 3.762; Brittany Force @ 323.81
FC: Robert Hight, 3.928; Tommy Johnson Jr. @322.58
PS: Bo Butner and Greg Anderson, 6.556; Jason Line @ 211.16
PSM: Matt Smith, 6.753 @ 201.76 (new National Speed Record)

Q3

Weather: 72F, 46% relative humidity, barometer 29.93, adjusted altitude 1,395', track temp 87F

TF: Brittany Force, 3.718; Antron Brown @ 330.23

FC: John Force, 3.897 @ 331.94
PS: Rodger Brogdon, 6.490; Greg Anderson @ 213.40
PSM: Eddie Krawiec, 6.747; Matt Smith @ 201.76 (new National Speed Record)

Q4
Weather: 71F, 49% relative humidity, barometer 29.92, adjusted altitude 1,375', track temp 87F

TF: Brittany Force, 3.680; Antron Brown @ 330.23
FC: Tim Wilkerson, 3.875; John Force @ 331.94
PS: Rodger Brogdon, 6.490; Greg Anderson @ 213.40
PSM: Andrew Hines, 6.720; Matt Smith @ 201.76

Last edited:
figure I don't pick Ron Capps & he does well now :BangHead:

my other 3 look good :thumbsup: so far :popcorn:

good luck everyone

My error on my earlier post! Following is the correct Gatornationals qualifying result. I apologize for any confusion.

Congratulations to Budnicks (FBBO) for winning the Top Qualifier title for the 50th annual Amalie Oil Gatornationals with a very nice total of 28.0 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifier in Funny Car, the #3 qualifier in both Top Fuel and Pro Stock Motorcycle and the #5 qualifier in Pro Stock. Way to go!
'stroked340' (FABO) grabbed the #2 qualifier spot with 27.0 bonus points.
More great picks!
Good luck all in eliminations tomorrow!

We have 17 players this week and 15 different driver combos made up of:
* 7 different Top Fuel drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #7 qualifier Clay Millican (1 pick) and #10 qualifier Austin Prock (1 pick). There could be three head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations if they all survive the opening round.
* 9 different Funny Car drivers with two Round 1 head-to-head matchups. One between #6 qualifier Jack Beckman (1 pick) and the #11 qualifier J.R. Todd (2 picks); and the other between #8 qualifier Cruz Pedregon (1 pick) and #9 qualifier Bob Tasca III (1 pick). There could also be three head-to-head matchups in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 5 different Pro Stock drivers picked this week. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups, but there could be one head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations.
* 5 different Pro Stock Motorcycles drivers picked this week. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups, but there could be one head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations.

Good luck all!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back