• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 14th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time Again!!!

Nice work, Bud!

I'm shocked that someone slid in under me. If anyone wants to know who the first round losers will be, just watch my picks. :rolleyes:

You're in the lofty (for me) middle of the pack, alsant!

I zipped through the coverage this morning before work. No PS or PSM coverage until round 2? Jeez. I love the nitro cars as much as anyone, but come on. And the lovefest with Tony Stewart is nauseating. But they go where the money is. Their over promotion of anything they think keeps them in business is unfortunate compared to good, solid coverage. Oh for the days of Diamond P with Steve Evans and Dave McClelland. I miss Mike Dunn, too. My .02 cents.

I just read announcement on MSN.com and nhra.com that Jasmine Salinas will be driving the Scrappers Top Fuel car at the Winternationals next weekend and in the immediate future. Mike Salinas is stepping out of the car to take care of some personal health matters but is looking forward to getting back in the car as soon as he is ready.

MSN

Mission Foods Drag Racing Series

@SSG_Karg, you locked Mike Salinas in as your Top Fuel driver pic. Please let me know if you want to pick a new Top Fuel driver.
I will use game points from Jasmine Salinas for any player selecting Mike Salinas as their Top Fuel driver pick until he returns.

@ocdart
please, change one of my 'locked in picks' to
P/SM Gaige Herrara for me :thankyou:

Here's your NHRA Winternationals "Tuesday Before the Event" reminder.
Please post your Winternationals picks before qualifying starts so you will be eligible for all event bonus points.
Winternationals qualifying is scheduled to start at 7:30pm EDT (4:30pm PDT) on Friday, March 22.

Please check nhra.com to make sure your picks are competing in this event.

Current competitor counts are:
17 Top Fuel
21 Funny Car
20 Pro Stock

Pro Stock Motorcycle will not compete at the Winternationals, Arizona Nationals, or the Four-Wide Nationals in Las Vegas. Pro Stock Motorcycle will return to competition at the Circle K NHRA Four-Wide Nationals at zMAX Dragway in Concord, NC, scheduled for April 26-28.

The current weather forecast for the Winternationals calls for
* Friday - sunny with a high of 71F
* Saturday - mostly cloudy with a high of 62F
* Sunday - mostly sunny with a high of 60F

I went to the finals around 2006 and about froze my axx off. It's SoCal should be warm and beautiful. Got to the track and it was about 60 with the wind blowing about 10mph. Had to buy a sweatshirt at one of the stands for about $30.

Good luck guys in the Winter Nationals event
sticking with my 'locked in picks'

2024 Winter Nationals

TF=Steve Torrence
FC=Matt Hagan (I might have to switch sometime. I think Austin Prock is going to have a hell of a good year with Dads tuning expertise)
PS=Erica Enders

Good luck everybody!

The current weather forecast for the Winternationals calls for
* Friday - sunny with a high of 71F
* Saturday - mostly cloudy with a high of 62F
* Sunday - mostly sunny with a high of 60F

Update...

The forecast has changed and now calls for a 50% chance of rain on Saturday and a 20% chance on Sunday.

Winter Nationals

TF - Doug Kalitta
FC - Austin Prock
PS - Dallas Glenn

TF Antron Brown
FC Austin Prock
PS Greg Anderson

Good Luck Everyone!

2024 NHRA Winternationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 69F, 48% relative humidity, barometer 29.97", adjusted altitude 2,231', track temp. 112F
TF: Billy Torrence, 3.743 @ 330.47
FC: Daniel Wilkerson, 4.014 @ 314.31

PS: Erica Enders, 6.557 @ 211.69

Saturday weather notes: I'm 20 miles from Pomona and it's been raining here since about 8:30am PDT. Two rounds of qualifying today may be problematical. nhra.com currently shows that racing is "on hold due to rain". Q2 is scheduled for 11:30am PDT and Q3 is scheduled for 2:00pm PDT.
* Top Fuel - 15 cars qualified during Q1 yesterday
* Funny Car - 18 cars made qualifying attempts yesterday. Neither John Force nor Alexis DeJoria are currently qualified after Q1.

* Pro Stock - 19 cars made qualifying attempts yesterday. Joey Grose, Mason McGaha and Cristian Cuadra are currently not qualified after Q1.

Q2

Weather: n/a
TF: Brittany Force, 3.711 @ 335.73
FC: Matt Hagan and Ron Capps, 3.893; Matt Hagan @ 330.15
PS: Dallas Glenn, 6.536; Erica Enders @ 211.69

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back