• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 Hot Rod Power Tour

70bigblockdodge

Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
The dates and stops have been announced for Hot Rod Power Tour.
I did this last year with my son, had a great time. We are doing it again this year. Met up with @HawkRod and a couple of his friends on the way to Atlanta/Hampton Ga. For last year's Power Tour. We had a good time, neither of us clung onto each other like a lost puppy, we just kept in touch and nice to know there is someone local in case you run into a problem, neither of us did. I started a thread over on FCBO and was leaving FBBO thread up to @HawkRod , but he unfortunately cannot go this year so I am putting this thread out for questions, who's going who's along the route single event stops or long hauler. We will be doing it in my son's car that we just got running to make it to last year's Mopar Nationals. Look for this along the way
PXL_20230810_181148729.jpg

The patina haters will love it Lol.
So who's going, speak up, dust off the garage queens and lets knock down some miles this spring.

Not me too far, too much time, way too much $$$ now
just to go all the way back there & back to Calif.
spend 2 times as much & twice as long of a drive/trip to do it...

Dec. 15th 2023
I missed the 3 day event
HotRod PowerTour West,
Irwindale to Las Vegas, mini tour, had to cancel

(to sort of appease US out west, because we never have it, it all started here too,
1995 IIRC?, I did the 1st one about 1/2 way, had to turn around come back
got bad fuel a bunch of time, had my motorhome & dad driving that, better than motels
Lisa rode with me, dog rode with dad... But an emergency in automotive business customers...
I spent a min. of over $10k+ in 1997 $$s for food,
fuel/diesel 97 Motorhome 350hp Cummins diesel pusher,
91-93 oct. gas for the 479cid 1350cfm Dominator 700+hp 68 RR
& lil' stops/events on the way...
I didn't even stay in motels, we shopped at grocery stores, for food & not many restaurants
except breakfasts & we'd go to/stay AAA AAA-recommended RV stops along the way back then...
Supposed to be a Budget trip 'I thought' & I went to LA pier at the beginning of Route 66
left from there (via from Concord, add another 400 miles, each rig) then to somewhere in Oklahoma,
where 4 days in, I had to turn around & come back hwy-40 to Calif. then back up to Concord,
it was 10 full days...
The whole 1st power tour was to the end of mile marker #1 Route 66 in Chicago... 2 weeks
I could only imagine how much it'd cost to do the whole deal back east & back to Calif. NOW,
$25k+ probably today, it's just not worth it
)

Last Dec.
Dad was getting 2 procedures, roto-rooter of his corraded arteries
to stave off possible pending strokes, sort of important...
My dad would be a PITA to take, he's not really a car guy, he'd be bored...
I can't just leave him home either...
&
Then my dog Elvis was being operated on his foot,
remove a fibrous tissue growth that burst... (long story)
I don't or won't go without my dog, ever...

It was not a fun month

who knows when they will do it here again
I'm not going back east, just for a cruise

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back