• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

295x65x15s on my 1965 Belvedere

I wish they had loaner rim/tire combos to try before dropping a ton of money and hoping they fit :) 10" seems too wide for stock but if others have done it, should be good.. can't wait to get them.

I wish they had loaner rim/tire combos to try before dropping a ton of money and hoping they fit :) 10" seems too wide for stock but if others have done it, should be good.. can't wait to get them.

My 10.5 slicks are on an 8.5 rim, with too much b.s , I use spacers to get them EXACTLY where they need to be to clear. Even if they were on the PERFECT backspace 10 inch wheel, I seriously doubt they would fit. The increase in section width would have them hitting the fender and spring.
(Wrong b.s., too little, on my 8"ramcharger rims, meant I could only get 255/70s on them).
Oops, should mention: 62 savoy.

My 10.5 slicks are on an 8.5 rim, with too much b.s , I use spacers to get them EXACTLY where they need to be to clear. Even if they were on the PERFECT backspace 10 inch wheel, I seriously doubt they would fit. The increase in section width would have them hitting the fender and spring.
(Wrong b.s., too little, on my 8"ramcharger rims, meant I could only get 255/70s on them).
Yeah.. that's what i'm wondering..the first post in this thread says they fit but those tire #'s are 10.5" wide tread.. His car is a 65 though, not sure if it's different for a 62, gonna head out with a tape measure and check stuff this weekend.. I would be fine with 9" wide but really want the 30" tall cause of my gears.

Yeah.. that's what i'm wondering..the first post in this thread says they fit but those tire #'s are 10.5" wide tread.. His car is a 65 though, not sure if it's different for a 62, gonna head out with a tape measure and check stuff this weekend.. I would be fine with 9" wide but really want the 30" tall cause of my gears.
265/75x15. An inch narrower, still work on tens, 30.6 tall. Problem solved.
(They would fit on my car, with the RIGHT 10"rim. (Probably 5.5 b.s.)

265/75x15. An inch narrower, still work on tens, 30.6 tall. Problem solved.
(They would fit on my car, with the RIGHT 10"rim. (Probably 5.5 b.s.)

Yeah, 10.5 would look awesome though :) I don't think they make a et street in 265/75.. but there are other options.. I need to get off my *** and start figuring things out though.. spring is coming

Yeah, pretty sure the 265/75 is most likely an SUV tire.
You might get the 295 et street on your car easier on an 8.5"rim, for racing or traction apps, and run 265s on the tens for cruising on.

I have a spare set of 3 1/2'' draglites that I machined some spacers for to run them , but the 8 1/2'' american racing rims (a guy gave me for shipping) fit perfectly w/ the 295 60 d15`s ,(sretched front of wheel wells) . were too close to the outside on the 8''...

Rear rims/tires ordered... hope they fit :) Haven't figured out the front yet..

Rims showed.. on my 62 (stock housing and location) i have 1.5" at the front of the rim which because of how the springs angle will be bout 1" at tire bulge which i'm sure won't be enough.. i'm figuring 1.5" bulge.. So i will prolly move the front of the spring into the frame like DVW does them and offset shackles, don't need to move the rear as much. Thinking of moving the front hangers into the frame maybe 1" though and boxing it nicely. I don't wanna go full in like mini tubing. Wheel lip area looks like it will be plenty of room..
Will need to get new perches and shackles.. wanna try to do it in the car so i can make sure it all fits perfect.. only thing i hate is cutting off the old perches while in the car..

BTW.. how much space do i want between tire/spring? 1" for side load/flex?

Last edited:
Rims showed.. on my 62 (stock housing and location) i have 1.5" at the front of the rim which because of how the springs angle will be bout 1" at tire bulge which i'm sure won't be enough.. i'm figuring 1.5" bulge.. So i will prolly move the front of the spring into the frame like DVW does them and offset shackles, don't need to move the rear as much. Thinking of moving the front hangers into the frame maybe 1" though and boxing it nicely. I don't wanna go full in like mini tubing. Wheel lip area looks like it will be plenty of room..
Will need to get new perches and shackles.. wanna try to do it in the car so i can make sure it all fits perfect.. only thing i hate is cutting off the old perches while in the car..

I've got less than 1/2", and they don't rub.

On my a-body I have roughly 3/4 maybe less, and passenger side is a bit less, same as my 62 Dart.
Seems to not be uncommon, backwards way of saying that.

Anyhow, I added sway bars front and rear to the a-body and passenger side will touch the spring if I throw it hard left.

Thanks guys.. i was thinking a inch or more, will shoot for 1/2"

Thanks guys.. i was thinking a inch or more, will shoot for 1/2"
A 1/2" from the tire to the fender is likely to rub. A 1/2" from tire to spring never changes, and doesn't rub, at least for me.... but fast cornering is not something my car will ever do.

I have been wondering about tire size and what is the biggest that will fit on a 65 Belvedere. After reading so many comments about 255's being the biggest, with an occassional 275 being the biggest, I decided to find out for myself. I did find 2 posts of people that fit a 295x65x15, so that was my goal.

Here are my photos of that tire (Mickey Thompson 255508 - Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S Tires) mounted on 15x8 with 4.5 inch backspace rims (Wheel Vintiques 63-5812042 - Wheel Vintiques 63 Series). The previous owner of my car rolled the fender lip, but I am sure they would fit even it the lip was not rolled.

Now I need to finalize the fronts....

Hopefully this will help someone who is wondering if these tires would fit.

View attachment 1477071

View attachment 1477072

View attachment 1477073

View attachment 1477074

View attachment 1477075

View attachment 1477076

View attachment 1477077
Here’s mine with 275s top

Changed front spring hangers moved the rear end back 1” now with 295s

80D2F2D5-8754-42B4-90A8-5906FF5EB2A4.jpeg

I agree that moving the axle back 1 inch on the 62-65 cars is well worth it.

I have a spare set of 3 1/2'' draglites that I machined some spacers for to run them , but the 8 1/2'' american racing rims (a guy gave me for shipping) fit perfectly w/ the 295 60 d15`s ,(sretched front of wheel wells) . were too close to the outside on the 8''...
One piece or two piece Americans? I have a pair of tt2 16x8.5s that fit beautifully with 4.75 bs, and two pair of one piece American daisies with 3.5 bs that fit almost nothing, if I try to put decent width tires on.

One piece or two piece Americans? I have a pair of tt2 16x8.5s that fit beautifully with 4.75 bs, and two pair of one piece American daisies with 3.5 bs that fit almost nothing, if I try to put decent width tires on.
one piece cast alum. , but w/o tubes , their liter than the dragstars with tubes ...

soo.. a buddy took my tires to the dyno shop today to mount them (a bunch of local shops hire him to do tuning).. soo free work for me :) And i am stoked as hell.... i have a ton of space on the wheel lip that i will probably get some lowering blocks and drop it 1.5" so the tires tuck in.. I need to move the spring in bout 3/8" which i can do without cutting the frame up... it's a good day :)

P.S. the axle is on jackstands so it's not on the ground but almost.. way too high..

I also need to clean my garage bad... waiting for warm weather then back to work!

1708554804788.jpeg

here's 15x4 for the strip and 15x6 215/75 street and rears are 10x15 torq thrust american magnesiums with 315/60 bf drag radials spring are inboard and inner fenders are messaged some , lol .

63 sport fury mw frt lt.jpg

Scan0045_0045.jpg

05190026.jpg

Fury.png

Auto Transport Service
Back