• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

295x65x15s on my 1965 Belvedere

I've got homemade spacers on my 62 for the 10.5 slicks, (on 4 7/8 bs 15x8.5s), if I remember right .300 on one side, .375 on the other.
The 10x28s on 16" tts, fit great, without the spacers, with 4 3/4 bs.
But then, I have an unknown 8 3/4 under it. I think it's probably a 65-67, but never have bothered to measure it.
The 10.5s have about a finger tip clearance to the spring, and a finger to the fender. But the rear lifts when it leaves. Haven't had a rub yet.

I've got homemade spacers on my 62 for the 10.5 slicks, (on 4 7/8 bs 15x8.5s), if I remember right .300 on one side, .375 on the other.
The 10x28s on 16" tts, fit great, without the spacers, with 4 3/4 bs.
But then, I have an unknown 8 3/4 under it. I think it's probably a 65-67, but never have bothered to measure it.
Yeah, the 62 rear is the narrowest of them... i think that's enough clearance so not gonna worry out it, will check for any rub marks after i drive it. Might add some 1" lowering blocks later

My tens on an 8" rim probably have 1" less section (or more) than the 10.5s on 8 1/2s. Makes a huge difference on clearance, even with the extra bs, compared to the centerlines/spacers.
I seriously doubt I could get a 10"rim on my car with any kind of really large tire.....but my springs/shocks/tubs are all stock.

My tens on an 8" rim probably have 1" less section (or more) than the 10.5s on 8 1/2s. Makes a huge difference on clearance, even with the extra bs, compared to the centerlines/spacers.
I seriously doubt I could get a 10"rim on my car with any kind of really large tire.....but my springs/shocks/tubs are all stock.
Yeah, i wanted et streets cause i ran them on my cobra and they were amazing for not sliding around the road :) but i wanted the 30".. i really shoulda swapped gears but it is what it is... will be fun

If I ever wear out the new 10x28 slicks (HIGHLY unlikely, unfortunately) I'll replace em with 9x30s.
As little street driving as I do with it, the T/A's will have to do. (They finally hook up at around halfway thru second, at about 50 mph)
I've got some 315/65x15 et street pro's for my Opel, but they are tiny..... compared to the normal street tires on that car.

Late to the party.

For the rear the rim size, the common theme was 15x8 with 4.5"back spacing.
What rim size is recommended for the front? 15x7? And with what backspacing?

I have a 64 2 hardtop Sport Fury
Thank you

Late to the party.

For the rear the rim size, the common theme was 15x8 with 4.5"back spacing.
What rim size is recommended for the front? 15x7? And with what backspacing?

I have a 64 2 hardtop Sport Fury
Thank you
Was wondering about front also... I still havent decided on rims though..

Auto Transport Service
Back