• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2X4bbl

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
ok .. on the old dual 4bbl cars (58 350) what carbs were used? and can ya even find them anymore?
s-l1600.jpg

As my fuzzy Old Memory recalls: 3258 and 3259
(I think)
Those are what I used on my setup on my 426 Street Wedge in my '64 Polara. They were OEM on 1962 Chrysler 300H. I had to modify the linkage on the rear carb to work on B-body rather than the original C-body. The Chrysler uses solid linkage that pushes the throttle blades open from below the shaft. B-bodies use a cable that pulls the blades open from above the blade shaft. These little AFB's are only about 450 cfm. They are very hard to find, so you are better off to use small Edelbrocks.

42.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

Those are what I used on my setup on my 426 Street Wedge in my '64 Polara. They were OEM on 1962 Chrysler 300H. I had to modify the linkage on the rear carb to work on B-body rather than the original C-body. The Chrysler uses solid linkage that pushes the throttle blades open from below the shaft. B-bodies use a cable that pulls the blades open from above the blade shaft. These little AFB's are only about 450 cfm. They are very hard to find, so you are better off to use small Edelbrocks.
was thinking on selling my 440 and getting a 383 so i can run this in my 62 ... lol

Before I'd dump a 440 to use a iron 383 dual 4bbl, I'd find a weiand/edelbrock/offenhauser aluminum dual four for a 440, throw on a couple edelbrocks, and a linkage kit.

....and then tell everybody it's a tall deck 383, 343 hp, only available in 62 (after grinding the name off the intake, and painting it, of course!)

Last edited:
Carbs also use 1/2" spacers under them so linkage does not hit intake runners. Classic industries catalogue has some 2 X 4 parts in it. Especially the linkage bracket that bolts to the intake. I ran an Edelbrock electric choke on rear (primary) carb. There is no choke provision on front carb. I think I used repro '66-'67 fuel lines on them.

42.jpg

Understand that the 2 X 4 setup would mostly be for eye candy. The single Edelbrock 750 cfm. on my '67 440 R/T felt a lot crisper on the street. My '64 looked liked like any other Polara convertible (like Miss Jane's car from The Beverly Hillbillies), but, pop the hood and it drew people like flies to a $hitpile!

Screenshot_20210913-202626_kindlephoto-45016189.png

Buy the proper thickness aluminum and start carving, you've got all winter!:thumbsup:
Don't know what tools you have access to but your time is cheap.

holy hell... thats alot $$$ i take it that are 1 in thick each??
I get a kick out of what you guys south of the Canadian border think is expensive. I just bought a Mellings oil pump for my 440 last week from RockAuto. $230.00 at my door; taxes, shipping, and $ exchange rate included. We only wish we could build a car as inexpensively as you guys. LOL

Finding truly suitable carbs for an intake that doesn't work very good may not be time and money well spent. Use an edelbrock ch28 on the 440 and tell everyone it's a 385hp 413.
20200407_111425.jpg

I get a kick out of what you guys south of the Canadian border think is expensive. I just bought a Mellings oil pump for my 440 last week from RockAuto. $230.00 at my door; taxes, shipping, and $ exchange rate included. We only wish we could build a car as inexpensively as you guys. LOL
wow ... thats a lot. and ya we do forget how much it cost yall to get stuff there. but. im wondering why ya can't get a Melling there.

Auto Transport Service
Back