• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 point seat belt Thread?

cj's mopar

Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
Is there a thread on here for how to do a 3 point seat belt install in all years .
Would this be a good one to add to form ?

XV sold out since 2020 says on web sight .
eBay has seat belts but don't know the quality or safety rating.

This is what I mean we need to have more info about this topic
Very little consideration seams to be going into keeping our cars safe .

I bet there are loads of late models in wrecking yards that have suitable seat belts and shoulder harnesses that would work. I have a '07 Silverado and I think even those would work.

Google 3 point seatbelts. there's quite a few companies that have them in sets to convert classic cars of you choice to shoulder restraints.

Working on this question right now, googled 1968-70 Dodge B Body, Bench, 3-Point Conversion, really like their green color, matched to my interior leather.

BUT

I don't understand, does it look like a belt in modern cars, like my challenger, or does it looks like an original belt where you have to connect waist belt and chest belt separately?

Maybe you have pics?

They appear to be “new” style. Otherwise what would be the point?

I would NOT use a belt from a junkyard. Mechanism, hangars, etc. ok. but the fabric itself weakens over time. Go get them re-done, cheap insurance!!

I just installed 3-point seatbelts in the rear of my '72. I got the assemblies from Wesco, but designed my own brackets. If anyone is interested I can give more information or share my bracket flat patterns.

PXL_20230301_023756878.jpg

PXL_20230301_023813755.jpg

PXL_20230301_023825463.jpg

PXL_20230301_023835590.jpg

PXL_20230301_023856473.jpg

PXL_20230301_023905893.jpg

I would NOT use a belt from a junkyard. Mechanism, hangars, etc. ok. but the fabric itself weakens over time. Go get them re-done, cheap insurance!!
Lots of cars in the junkyard that are less than a year old.....just like back in the day.

Lots of cars in the junkyard that are less than a year old.....just like back in the day.
I heavily considered using some modern Challenger take-outs for mine. The thing that stopped it for me was that some retractors have a secondary lock-out for if the car is upside down. Meaning, if you don't install the retractor in the exact same orientation as the original installation, it will lock up and not work.

LOVE IT! Awesome work and Thanks for sharing. Would you mind posting or PM'ing me the contact info for Wesco with P/N as well as your bracket flat patters? I want to install some 3 points on my 68 Satellite Hardtop Front and Rear.
I just installed 3-point seatbelts in the rear of my '72. I got the assemblies from Wesco, but designed my own brackets. If anyone is interested I can give more information or share my bracket flat patterns.

View attachment 1426195

LOVE IT! Awesome work and Thanks for sharing. Would you mind posting or PM'ing me the contact info for Wesco with P/N as well as your bracket flat patters? I want to install some 3 points on my 68 Satellite Hardtop Front and Rear.
Here is the link to the belts I ordered. There are a few options (color, buckle type). I asked them to reduce the buckle end to 4.5" since 12" would be too long.
Wesco Roadster seatbelts

I'll send you a PM with the flat patterns if it'll let me. Keep in mind that there are probably some differences between the 68 and 72. You may have to tweak the design.

Here is the link to the belts I ordered. There are a few options (color, buckle type). I asked them to reduce the buckle end to 4.5" since 12" would be too long.
Wesco Roadster seatbelts

I'll send you a PM with the flat patterns if it'll let me. Keep in mind that there are probably some differences between the 68 and 72. You may have to tweak the design.
Thanks!

Keep them coming all good info Thanks to all that have shared their Experience.

Wesco Roadster seatbelts

Where did you get the trim pieces on the top of the rear deck that the seat belt goes through?

Where did you get the trim pieces on the top of the rear deck that the seat belt goes through?
Those are from a late model Subaru. I found them on Ebay. You can still buy them new through a dealer though. There were a few other options that I considered, but those seemed like the best for what I was doing.

Ebay Link (out of stock)

Auto Transport Service
Back