• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318-auto to 440-4speed

edelbrock pro-flow on jegs.com, edelbrock #350-1002. Only 2&1/2in. High. My friend had one on his 55 chevy 210 street rod. It worked with his limited space.

ive had a couple of these before and lost the tops off them going down the road.... But i suppose being my clearance is so close my hood would help hold the top on lol

I wish it were the snorkels hitting my valve covers-that way I could just bang them in and no problem-

The front of the air cleaner actually hits the hood and is pushing is pushing it up-slightly also the middle of the lid actially touches the hood also and not just one of the suport bars going across... I have no problem using a grinder

Ill definitly have to try that K&N or the triangular edelbrock one

OH WOW I SEE.. HOOD PROBLY LIFTS MORE WHEN THE MOTOR ROCKS TOO HA ?
HEY HERE IS A LITTLE CHEEPER K&N AND FREE SHIPPING TOO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290567216510?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Add one more to your list! You did a great job, engine looks pretty cool... great video...

well free shipping in the usa- luckyguys...
Allready ordered from jegs last night- but its back ordered for 1/2 a week- soab...lol
heres hoping she will fit

oh ya sorry i wasnt thinkin your shipping would be more ha ? Bummer on the back order,, I bet it fits nice when u get it though..Youll have to let me know how it turns out
ill have to wait a bit before i can order now because i had to order a difrent z-bar (torqe shaft)for my clutch.. I had the wrong one and a 6 inch set back plate for my hurst pistal grip shifter..i dont have a parts car so these little things have been realy nickle and dimeing me on this swap..

Yeah its all the little things they add up-dont they-especially when it come to the engine bay....ill definitly let u know - expect 2-3 week wait maybe more up here

sry 68383gts we all dont have a unlimited bankroll and if you paid attention to the current poll you would know my car has gone to the bodyshop

Link to your build thread? This is something I'm very interested in. I've got a 318 73 charger auto that I'd love to do something like this with. Was the original point of the cars purchase.

Looks killer.... Not the ever so common orange motor..

I still have the standard hood and rallye instrument cluster from my old '71 GTX ...

well she's comeing along slow but sure.... SHE IS ALL FITTING TOGETHER..MY CAR IS A 1971 AND AS YOU CAN SEE I HAVE 1969 RR TRANY IN THERE WITH NO REAR SHIFTER LOCATION.. I PICKED A THING UP CALLED A BOW TIE.. SETS THE FRONT LOCATION BACK SIX INCHES SO MY SHIFTER WILL BE IN THE BENCH SEAT POSITIONAND NOT UNDER MY DASH...
ALSO USED A 69 BB 383 RR CAST 11" BELLHOUSEING , BOUGHT A NEW Z BAR AND KIT FOR THE CONVERSION AND IT ALL FITS NICE LIKE IT SHOULD... USED THE 11" 143 TOOTH FLYWHEEL ..HAD IT BALANCED (MY 440 IS A 1973) AND RESURFACED .. PUT IN A MC1123 McLEOD 11.95" CLUTHCH... MY PILOT WASNT DRILLED IN MY CRANK SO I USED THE PRB5300 BEARING TRICK
I MUST GIVE YOU ALL ON THIS SITE A SPECIAL THANKS FOR HELPING MAKE THIS SWAP HAPPEN WITH HARDLY ANY SCREW UPS
OH YA !!! THE 69 AND 71 4-SPEEDS ALSO HAVE DIFRENT TRANNY MOUNT LOCATIONS ..WE THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO HAVE TO FAB SOMETHING BUT WHEN WE TURNED THE SPOOL MOUNT BACKWARDS IT BOLTED RIGHT UP

check this out ..this is a cali car ,my fender tag said factory undercoated.... unreal !! check out how thick it is under here..inside the wheel wells and quarters are the same way.... no rust anywhere ever....

Attachments

• tranny under.jpg
    tranny under.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 147
  • trany bellhouseing under car.jpg
    trany bellhouseing under car.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 149
  • under.jpg
    under.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 148
  • under 1.jpg
    under 1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Headman headers went in nice too.. Pass side went in from the top after lifting the motor up a little..drivers side went in from bottom with motor lifted a little .... And after the header is pushed up in place dangleing the starter had to be put in and then the header bolts.. Had to give one header pipe a small tap to clear the starter.... I know u can see little mild rust inside my headers.. They are brand new never fired..bought them off a project from craigslist that someone gave up on...

hope you get a little better use out of them than the previous guy:)
have you bought the exhaust yet or decided which one-?
I went with flowmaster 3" pipes item 1052
http://www.jegs.com/i/flowmaster/389/1052/10002/-1?parentproductid=

hey hi ... I could never abandon this sweet heart lol.. Thats not a bad price on pipes ..i saved the link to my wish list :) thanks.. I just bought cheep purple hornies 3" IN AND 3" OUTLET that i was going to run till i can aford a complete system.... So how long b4 yours gets back from the body shop ? I cant wait to see it

)))) UPDATE (((( BOLT ON HORNIES WONT BOLT UP PASS SIDE THE CROSSMEMBER IS IN THE WAY

Attachments

• 387-50231.jpg
    387-50231.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
hey hi ... I could never abandon this sweet heart lol.. Thats not a bad price on pipes ..i saved the link to my wish list :) thanks.. I just bought cheep purple hornies 3" in and 3" outlet that i was going to run till i can aford a complete system.... So how long b4 yours gets back from the body shop ? I cant wait to see it

we pulled the steering column to make it easyer to instal the clutch peddles and fix the knuckle in the tilt wheel because its loose and creating slop in my steering... Come to find out my gearbox is also slopy and wont tighten up :( so now i got to find a new gearbox and will be pulling the drivers header back off ...

hey hi ... I could never abandon this sweet heart lol.. Thats not a bad price on pipes ..i saved the link to my wish list :) thanks.. I just bought cheep purple hornies 3" IN AND 3" OUTLET that i was going to run till i can aford a complete system.... So how long b4 yours gets back from the body shop ? I cant wait to see it
Btw order directly from a flowmaster dealer and save a few bucks-
That is a very cool purple pipe you have there:)

Just removed the windsheild from my satty and cleaned up the groove all the way around. Really nice that the Royal Canadian Air Force has a Auto hobby shop. 2 mechanical bays and a body bay. Great bunch of guys that assist me in doing it all myself minus painting.
The chevy thats in the body bay should be out nxt week and then mine goes in.

Heres a shot of 1 of the 2 buildings and my car minus winsheild.
Met with a glass guy to chit chat about what the processes were this morning and hes willing to give me a hand putting it in.
He suggested a epoxy primer and says I cleaned it up perfect (little relief)
more to come; sry i diont want to take over your thread-

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 145
we pulled the steering column to make it easyer to instal the clutch peddles and fix the knuckle in the tilt wheel because its loose and creating slop in my steering... Come to find out my gearbox is also slopy and wont tighten up :( so now i got to find a new gearbox and will be pulling the drivers header back off ...

This may intrest you about how to get rid of some of that sloppy steering
maybe...
http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/beep/PUMP_IT_DOWN-re-v1.4.pdf

btw order directly from a flowmaster dealer and save a few bucks-
that is a very cool purple pipe you have there:)

just removed the windsheild from my satty and cleaned up the groove all the way around. Really nice that the royal canadian air force has a auto hobby shop. 2 mechanical bays and a body bay. Great bunch of guys that assist me in doing it all myself minus painting.
The chevy thats in the body bay should be out nxt week and then mine goes in.

Heres a shot of 1 of the 2 buildings and my car minus winsheild.
Met with a glass guy to chit chat about what the processes were this morning and hes willing to give me a hand putting it in.
He suggested a epoxy primer and says i cleaned it up perfect (little relief)
more to come; sry i diont want to take over your thread-

wow does that ever work out nice 4 ya,,, can you put me next on that list lol .... Thats awesome !!! My windsheild has a nice crack on the drivers side and i would like to replace one day too ... Do they make new ones or did you find a used one ? I got a vinal top on mine that will need changeing at the same time cuz it goes under window trim

This may intrest you about how to get rid of some of that sloppy steering
maybe...
http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/beep/PUMP_IT_DOWN-re-v1.4.pdf

THANKS FOR THE LINK... YOU SURE FIND SOME GOOD STUFF OUT THERE...I ORDERED A NEW GEARBOX LAST NIGHT.... HAD TO PAY MORE THAN I WANTED TO BUT THE CHEEPER ONES I FOUND THEY WANTED WAY TO MUCH FOR A CORE CHARGE AND I JUST DIDNT HAVE THE FUNDS
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220803919312?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
BUT NOW WE CAN MOVE ON

Yanked the carpet so we can put in the 4 speed hump...and check out them floor boards...sure can tell its not a minnesota car

Attachments

• floor 2.jpg
    floor 2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 135
Great looking floors!woo!! Your a lucky guy-
had a peice mine in- didnt bother replacing the whole side-
Doing the vynal top doesnt sound very fun-
Removing the org. glass outer hard tar edge wasnt easy either but with a heat gun & a scraper it was like butter-After that i used a wire wheel but be cautious of the little round clip holders-cause you can wear them dwn easily..
I got a new window but got a deal at 75$ (last one) 2 yrs ago at a local window shop- Ive seen prices from 200 new to 300 or so- not too bad-ttyl

great looking floors!woo!! Your a lucky guy-
had a peice mine in- didnt bother replacing the whole side-
doing the vynal top doesnt sound very fun-
removing the org. Glass outer hard tar edge wasnt easy either but with a heat gun & a scraper it was like butter-after that i used a wire wheel but be cautious of the little round clip holders-cause you can wear them dwn easily..
I got a new window but got a deal at 75$ (last one) 2 yrs ago at a local window shop- ive seen prices from 200 new to 300 or so- not too bad-ttyl

75??? Nice deal !!!!! 200 or 300 dont sound bad either , i was guessing 600 or 700 if they made them.... I was just curious...im just doing my running gear and interioir for now and drive it and enjoy like it is till i can afford to do the body stuff

Auto Transport Service
Back