• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4-speed under dash reverse light

add the light to the dash, cool factor is 100%

id agree! Anyone possibly have any measurement's on the exact location of the light? I have one note scribbled and it says 2'' left of the ash tray. it doesn't have any measurement from the rear lip of the dash. I think it goes in the "curve" of the dash but not for sure.

I just realized that my 4-speed 68 Charger, with a build date of 12/26/67 does not have the under dash reverse light, which leads me to believe that it must have come out later in the production year. There's not even a hole in the dash frame for it.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I have seriously been thinking about adding the reverse light to my '72 SSP torqueflite, I like the idea. I don't remember seeing/hearing anybody do it before. Tapping into the reverse lights would not be a problem.

id agree! Anyone possibly have any measurement's on the exact location of the light? I have one note scribbled and it says 2'' left of the ash tray. it doesn't have any measurement from the rear lip of the dash. I think it goes in the "curve" of the dash but not for sure.
This picture is of a '69 Road Runner so it may or may not help, but you can see the reverse light just above the left gauge and just to the left of the ashtray. It's definitely less than 2".
Road Runner 2 Interior 1.png

My March 21st 1968 Hamtrack built Charger has it. 383/4-speed. Other early ´68 stuff too, like sliding ash tray door.

Auto Transport Service
Back