• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 question

Please keep me updated. I am sure that I will be traveling down that very same road one day. (Hopefully no time soon)
Absolutely the most important thing is to find a home shop that does this kind of work that you trust. As in my case it's saving me $30000 . The labor cost at corporate shops is sky high unless you have warranty.

Absolutely the most important thing is to find a home shop that does this kind of work that you trust. As in my case it's saving me $30000 . The labor cost at corporate shops is sky high unless you have warranty.
I know, I was shocked when you told me how mush Kenworth wanted to do your overhaul. Insane. What kind of warranty are you getting with the new engine?

I have the Cummins X15 Performance series. Factory rated at 565 HP and 1850 TQ. With a simple software upgrade, it's now 605 HP and 2050 TQ.
Got the dyno done today, 556hp 2200 ftlbs on the ground @1475 rpm or 66 mph which ever you prefer.

Got the dyno done today, 556hp 2200 ftlbs on the ground @1475 rpm or 66 mph which ever you prefer.
What's the gearing on big rigs? With a 3.55 rear and 285/70 tires (about 32") my rpm is just under 2000 at around 70 or so with the factory OD. Been awhile since being out on the road with it but have knocked down 25 before and my mpg in town ranges 17-19 depending how nice I is to it....and love the down low torque it has. Nothing like any other 3/4 ton pickup I've ever had.

What's the gearing on big rigs? With a 3.55 rear and 285/70 tires (about 32") my rpm is just under 2000 at around 70 or so with the factory OD. Been awhile since being out on the road with it but have knocked down 25 before and my mpg in town ranges 17-19 depending how nice I is to it....and love the down low torque it has. Nothing like any other 3/4 ton pickup I've ever had.
I got 3.36 gears with 11R22.5 tires, 1550 rpm is 70 mph and around 7 mpg grossing 60000lbs

I got 3.36 gears with 11R22.5 tires, 1550 rpm is 70 mph and around 7 mpg grossing 60000lbs
But 60k is a light load, right? :D And a 41" tall tire? Don't think that would fit mine....!

Hey food for thought get your name on the wrecking yard list. Give them your Vin etc. Sometimes you can get lucky and pay 10,000 for isx in a wreck truck. Mileage is low in most cases. This way down time is minimal. Food for thought.

But 60k is a light load, right? :D And a 41" tall tire? Don't think that would fit mine....!
Yes it is a light load boats dont weigh much, even the well made boats are only around 6000lbs. But my empty weight is 43000lbs.

Hey food for thought get your name on the wrecking yard list. Give them your Vin etc. Sometimes you can get lucky and pay 10,000 for isx in a wreck truck. Mileage is low in most cases. This way down time is minimal. Food for thought.
Yea I did look around but as in old mopars they were always a great distance away.
:lol:

Yea I did look around but as in old mopars they were always a great distance away.
:lol:
Yep I get it. It's just nice to have a backup. Sometimes you can and sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Yep I get it. It's just nice to have a backup. Sometimes you can and sometimes it just doesn't work out.
It all worked out I got a fresh rebuilt engine, a month at home to tinker with my Christmas present.

It's great when it all works out. I bet your loving that Xmas present.

Auto Transport Service
Back