• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 question

Got the dyno done today, 556hp 2200 ftlbs on the ground @1475 rpm or 66 mph which ever you prefer.
WOW!!!! Those are great numbers Roger!! I am jealous, 2200 TQ to the ground at 1475!! I bet that your fuel economy increases at least 1 mpg. Good luck my friend. Keep me posted.

WOW!!!! Those are great numbers Roger!! I am jealous, 2200 TQ to the ground at 1475!! I bet that your fuel economy increases at least 1 mpg. Good luck my friend. Keep me posted.
Only 1? I know that's substantial with big rigs but sounds like not much.....

Only 1? I know that's substantial with big rigs but sounds like not much.....
1 MPG is huge with a loaded rig. I have 605 HP 2250 TQ and 3.55 rears with 11R24.5 tires.
I average 5.2 MPG loaded and 6.4 MPG empty. My average loaded weight is 90,000 LBS and I weigh 39,000 LBS empty. If I were to gain just 1 MPG, that would save me a ton of cash each year. Roger's engine will pay for itself before the warranty is expired.

1 MPG is huge with a loaded rig. I have 605 HP 2250 TQ and 3.55 rears with 11R24.5 tires.
I average 5.2 MPG loaded and 6.4 MPG empty. My average loaded weight is 90,000 LBS and I weigh 39,000 LBS empty. If I were to gain just 1 MPG, that would save me a ton of cash each year. Roger's engine will pay for itself before the warranty is expired.
Wow, didn't know 1 mpg meant so much but I see it now that you explained it!!

Edit: But isn't 80K the max for all highways?? lol I know better because I know some that go with 100k loads.

Edit: But isn't 80K the max for all highways?? lol I know better because I know some that go with 100k loads.
I do heavy haul and oversize loads so I am usually permitted for overweight. Depending on the state, I can be anywhere from 96,000 to 122,000 before I am declared a "super load". Then the sky is the limit as long as I pay for the permits.

20190625_090300.jpg

Fuel and tires cost you everything if you don't watch them closely. Thank God we can recoop some of the fuel tax from ifta.

I do heavy haul and oversize loads so I am usually permitted for overweight. Depending on the state, I can be anywhere from 96,000 to 122,000 before I am declared a "super load". Then the sky is the limit as long as I pay for the permits.

View attachment 908578
That looks badass keep those tires rolling.

How many pilot trucks do you have to have running that load.iron built.

Thanks Paul, I loaded the 1st load on it today . So far I'm doing about 6.5 mpg. But it's new so I got a little ways to go to get it broke in.

1 mpg difference on 150000 miles per year equals a fuel savings of 3500 gallons per year. That's pretty close to $10000 savings. Big loads is where the money is, Paul goes big and heavy where my big loads rarely exceed legal weights.

Auto Transport Service
Back