• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Source waterpump update

joelrpo687

Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys-Many thanks to all who replied on my previous post.I'm running a griffith radiator with two fans because the single fan would hit on the fan pulley.Consequently the shroud that mounts the fans is apparently blocking airflow.We removed the fans and the shroud and went on the highway(500 hp. new engine).Previouslly at 3000 rpm.I was running 220 degrees-without the fans I was running 190 degrees(no shroud either).We compared the 440 source pump to a mopar performance pump and they looked close housing wise although the bearing was already slightly loose.So the source pump did it's job but we don't think it will pass the test of time.More hp. means more heat.The fans that come on at 210 degrees will keep the car cool at low speed but as soon as you step on it the temp.gauge goes up and the gas gauge goes down.Going to try the seven blade aluminum fan-short clutch fan and a shroud if it all fits-Thanks

if the mopar fan doesnt fit, IIRC there is a jaguar clutch(?) fan that bolts right in and fits in tight spaces.

if the mopar fan doesnt fit, IIRC there is a jaguar clutch(?) fan that bolts right in and fits in tight spaces.

The saddles on a stock radiator have to be relocated rearwards about a 1/2" and THEN you can use the Jag clutch. It's not just a bolt in affair but any radiator shop can do it. Mine charged me $35.00 to do the deed.

thanks for the clarification, 330. i didnt know you had to re-work the rad.

Auto Transport Service
Back