• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 stroked to 499

Many converters built today work very good on the street driving at lower rpm's and on the track. The 9.5" Dynamic I use will flash about 4200 on launch but I drive it on the street all the time cruising from about 2000 to 3200 rpm. I am using 4.30's but I do use a 30" tire and I cruise the highway alot running 3200 rpm at 60 mph. I have had this converter in my car since 2006 and its still working great. Course with my 493 it may actually go faster on less gear like 3.91 or so even with the 30" tires. One day I hope to try less gear. But I will say the Dynamic 9.5 street/strip converters work very good driving on the street with a good bit of gear and they still work good at the track also. The important thing is to make sure you tell the converter company you go with how you will use the car. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back