• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

448 Cubic Inch Trick Flow build

I'm really curious to see what your TF build does.

I'm really curious to see what your TF build does.
Me too! I’m wanting to see if it makes big torque with the stock stroke and where the peaks are. It’ll be interesting for sure.

3,400 to 5,400 RPMs 550ft/lb That's nice!

:thumbsup: :lowdown: IQ52
I've seen some 6bbl RB stroker sheets in the 650 ft/lbs+ range, and close to 600HP.
I did this one with a small hydraulic roller cam a decade ago. With the 240 heads and a bigger camshaft, it’d easily make 675+ and still push 685 ft/lbs.

5305DC56-D413-494A-8699-D88F2A7D995A.jpeg

My stroker will be topped with the Chrysler/Edelbrock aluminum 6bbl intake and my Promax modded Holley 3x2 bbl carbs. Unless the Holley Sniper 3x2 system is available by then, and has the capacity to get me well into the 6XX HP and torque range. I'm sure I'll start with the Holley carbs.
Thanks and again :lowdown:

My stroker will be topped with the Chrysler/Edelbrock aluminum 6bbl intake and my Promax modded Holley 3x2 bbl carbs. Unless the Holley Sniper 3x2 system is available by then, and has the capacity to get me well into the 6XX HP and torque range. I'm sure I'll start with the Holley carbs.
Thanks and again :lowdown:
Pull the trigger and get the build started!

A 6 BBL with some tuning will give you power. Modern heads & cams will get you 600+ HP. The A12 manifold may not be the greatest, but it will really work to 6500 RPM. Good luck.

A 6 BBL with some tuning will give you power. Modern heads & cams will get you 600+ HP. The A12 manifold may not be the greatest, but it will really work to 6500 RPM. Good luck.
I would preface that last statement with “Below 450 cubic inches”...

I would preface that last statement with “Below 450 cubic inches”...
I guess I agree, 446 or 452 works for a dual plane manifold.
I know :lowdown:Jim LaRoy did some ~500+ cu in stroker motors with the factory 6bbl.
For me, 93 octane with the option to add or run 109 octane on "race day" (test and tune night) but mainly a street cruiser bruiser, big FAT torque will be most useable, but I would like to approach 600HP. 650+torque is really where I'd like to hit.

I know :lowdown:Jim LaRoy did some ~500+ cu in stroker motors with the factory 6bbl.
For me, 93 octane with the option to add or run 109 octane on "race day" (test and tune night) but mainly a street cruiser bruiser, big FAT torque will be most useable, but I would like to approach 600HP. 650+torque is really where I'd like to hit.
That’s not hard to do with 500” and the 240 head.

Big motors want more air. The stock 6 BBL manifold is good at 450 ish cubes. Don't think it does the job at 500+. INHO

500 cubes defiantly starts to test the limits of the 6 pack. My experience is they still make good power. ET wise I didn’t see much if any difference between the 6 pack and a TM6 with a 1050/4150. Granted I would be curious to test a modern single plane. Where mine suffers is it has poor distribution under cruise. I also found I had to run the tune up a bit fat to keep the idle happy. The single plane is way happier at idle and you can lean it out without any adverse affects. There is a modification that can be done on the six pack called the Vanke modification. I plan to do that to mine before or when I go back to the six pack. Right now though the Dominator would be hard to beat. It does it all!

Auto Transport Service
Back