• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

448 Cubic Inch Trick Flow build

526” 6bbl FAST build.....
Peak tq @4400
Peak hp @6100
Only down 12hp from peak @6500

That’s with ex manifolds and 2.5” pipes.

526” 6bbl FAST build.....
Peak tq @4400
Peak hp @6100
Only down 12hp from peak @6500

That’s with ex manifolds and 2.5” pipes.
Those FAST guys are secretive... can you share more info with a nondisclosure agreement? :popcorn2:

Nothing that would make things any clearer.

906 heads that flowed not quite 290, cams under .700 lift, no deep oil pans.

They make less power than most people think they do.
A lot of it is getting the car to work, and putting a good run together.

Ran 10.50’s at 128+ in a real 69 A12 car with bias ply tires.

I heard that they run around 114-116 LSA on their cams, can you confirm that?

Nothing that would make things any clearer.

906 heads that flowed not quite 290, cams under .700 lift, no deep oil pans.

They make less power than most people think they do.
A lot of it is getting the car to work, and putting a good run together.

Ran 10.50’s at 128+ in a real 69 A12 car with bias ply tires.
I know they’re not dyno queens. From what I’ve experienced, most of em aren’t real streetable either. I talked with Dave Dudek on dragweek. They were playing hell trying to get that hemi to survive the street driving.

I know they’re not dyno queens. From what I’ve experienced, most of em aren’t real streetable either. I talked with Dave Dudek on dragweek. They were playing hell trying to get that hemi to survive the street driving.

With the wedges I was involved with, only one of them had a cam profile and spring loads I would have been leary about in a drag week scenario.

Aside from any possible cooling system issues that might keep it from running down the road at normal temps, I would think they’d last the 1000 miles.
Driveability was a excellent with the ones I helped on.

I think they were leaning on the valvetrain with the hemis at a whole ‘nuther level.

May I ask what the Vanke mod is?

E185F160-5909-4BB2-A21C-F9D9EF930EEA.jpeg

I’m digging that.... did you do any before/after testing?

I haven’t done one up yet. I seen this intake on an all steel 70 superbee. Had a 12:1 500ci motor with 240’s. Was running mid 10’s through mufflers and tail pipes. I plan to try out the mod at some point on the rr.

Since I am looking to have a "better than average" RB 6bbl engine built for my 70 V-code Roadrunner, I am interested in "all the tricks". I wanted :lowdown:Jim LaRoy to be my builder, but I was too late and Jim is finishing the backlog he has and then retiring to enjoy the beautiful outdoors and his family. I believe I can get some advice and tips aka "tricks" and solid information from him when the time comes, but this "Vanke mod" is unclear, even with the picture.
Can you please elaborate on what I'm seeing in the 6bbl intake and what is it supposed to do?
Thanks

By eliminating the wall that divides a dual plane into basically two manifolds each cylinder "sees" double the carburation. The entire carb not just half. Like converting the manifold into a single plane manifold which has a single plenum that all cylinders feed off of. Quickie explanation here. LOL.

That looks like it would be a easy CNC program port. I would be interested in doing this after I get it running. I did have Jim do some port work on my intake, but nothing that extensive.
I'm curious as to what rpm this shows an improvement.

Like everything else it depends. Remove some of the divider and the torque curve moves up a bit. Remove a lot and the curve moves up more. Your changing the manifold to a single plane design but it will never be a true single plane manifold. Its a compromise solution.

I may give Wilson Manifolds a ring and see if they have done the "Vanke mod" to any dual plane intakes.

Auto Transport Service
Back