• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 Hemi Accessories

C6D39F6E-4539-4DE7-8940-E7AE872D4FCA.png
Gotta get this in. The KB Blower brought the 5.7 to about 500 at the crank from 380. Transformed and trouble free. 2.8. Twin-Screw. Liquid Cooled.

Last edited:
View attachment 1186495 Gotta get this in. The KB Blower brought the 5.7 to about 500 at the crank from 380. Transformed and trouble free. 2.8. Twin-Screw. Liquid Cooled.

I like that but I don't think I would supercharge this car but I have thought about putting one on my 2010 Challenger :)

I am putting a 6.4 cam and TTI headers on this one though.

Wonder what the black Friday price will be...
I don't need it for my Coronet but will for my fury

Good point, I am on the verge of buying. Right now they are offering free shipping.

I spent a good part of today researching this issue trying to convince myself that I can make it work with the accessories on the factory front plate, however I keep coming back to several issues;

1. I do not like the AC comp down low on the left side. First it requires some modification of the motor mounts (I will be using TTI mounts) which is not a huge issue but what is an issue to me is the plumbing of it since the heater box is on the right side. I am sure I can do it but that left side has a lot going on with the steering box, PS pump and brakes (hydroboost system) that I do not need/want a AC comp there as well.

2. I intend on running a type II PS pump and the Holley kit comes with that whereas I will have to modify one to work which isn't a huge deal but just one more thing to deal with.

It's not cheap, but you'll have hundreds of dollars invested in any setup just buying junk yard stuff. Just go price a new water pump.
And the time to fab, for me that's always a balance.

Exactly where my head is at one this... Yes I "could" use the stock stuff and make it work BUT I know I would eventually end up getting one just because thats where my head it at. They have natural and black but I think I am going with natural.

Yeah I thought about that but to be honest there is no lack of things to buy for this project so I am sure I will be at it again...

I am thinking about whether to go with the oil filter adapter or a remote filter.

Last edited:
I hate the remote filter adapters. It's multiple spots for leaks, by the time you use 2 an lines, 4 an fittings, and so forth. With the Holly mounts, the 90 and 45 degree adapter both work. I ended up using the QA1 crossmember on my 70 challenger for the best clearance, when using the schumaker gen 3 mounts.

I hate the remote filter adapters. It's multiple spots for leaks, by the time you use 2 an lines, 4 an fittings, and so forth. With the Holly mounts, the 90 and 45 degree adapter both work. I ended up using the QA1 crossmember on my 70 challenger for the best clearance, when using the schumaker gen 3 mounts.

Yeah I get that but I do like having the filter in a convenient location. I have a remote filter on my Cuda and haven't had any leaking issues (aside from the stock filter adapter plate initially). I am going to be using TTI mounts (because TTI says that their headers will definitely clear their mounts). I probably need to do a mock up before deciding on the filter issue.

Auto Transport Service
Back