• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

50 and under members....who is y'all!?

Started mostly with Dodge trucks. My first "car" was a Dodge D50. Moved up to full size after that. My dad bought a 68 Satellite when I was younger. Always had an affinity for that car even though it was a four-door (wish I had it now for a project). Only cars I have ever owned were Dodge/Chrysler products (not counting what my wife drives, that's her decision). First classic car of my own was a 69 Dart GT that I restored from the ground up. Most recently was fortunate to purchase my 69 GTX (dream car). Not afraid to work on my own stuff, but also not afraid to admit when I don't know what the hell I am doing.

Last edited:
40 Here.

Was born a car nut I believe. Slept with a Hot Wheels car instead of teddy bears and recall at about age 7 eating Vaseline after learning it contained petroleum in the hopes of turning into a Transformer. Luckily a limited experiment and quickly gave up that pursuit. I believe it was the style and being less common that made the Mopars attractive to me. By age 12 I had it narrowed down to either a 70 Challenger RT/SE or an A12 Super Bee. I had not yet learned what a budget was.

First car was a 69 Coronet 440 2 door HT with an automatic on the column leanin' tower of power. It was a running & driving car when my dad bought it for my 15th birthday. I watched too many Overhaulin' type shows at the time, and tore the entire thing down then was disappointed to learn that a magical truck full of parts and 15 people that know what they're doing didn't show up immediately to help me put it back together.

Perusing the classified ads in the newspaper a couple years later after modest progress on the Coronet, I found my 69 Super Bee for if I recall $3500. Sold the Coronet and focused on the Super Bee though had to finish high school, college and hung onto it through a divorce. Have had a couple other Mopars in between though the Bee was always number 1 and is on the home stretch of being back together finally after a couple of half-assed attempts when I had much more limited funds.

Have a 69 Coronet 9 passenger wagon awaiting it's turn. IMG_2114.JPGIMG_2206.JPGIMG_2255.JPG

Nice car!! And I think the 2nd gen Chargers are one of the nicest looking cars ever built! Sad to say that I've never owned one. For some reason the E body cars kept popping up and usually for a very reasonable price and ended up with several. At one point I had 3 E bodies going at the same time and then had a couple more out back that were fairly complete. Even my wife at the time was driving a pretty nice 73 318 Challenger. I was driving a fairly decent 71 340 Cuda and had a really nice 70 383 Challenger....until I got stooopid and sold them all lol
Wow, how I’d like my ’70 Cuda back and the ’73 Challenger demo I traded it in on. Especially the ’70. I’d ask you to explain yourself for letting all those E-bodies go – but – it may be too painful for you. I know it is for me decades later. Lol.

Wow, how I’d like my ’70 Cuda back and the ’73 Challenger demo I traded it in on. Especially the ’70. I’d ask you to explain yourself for letting all those E-bodies go – but – it may be too painful for you. I know it is for me decades later. Lol.
Well....was building my 66 Belvedere to get back into drag racing and decided to let go of a couple of cars to help finance the drag car but the wife at the time convinced me to buy some 'needed' furniture (in her mind) and I caved. She wanted to take it when we divorced but I told her they were mine since it was bought with cars that I had before we married and she relented lol. Yeah, I was dumb to even do something like that but I was dumb to even marry her in the first place! Live and learn!

I'm 47...I'm the youngest of 3 and the black sheep of my family. Nobody in my family was into cars. I have no idea how I originally got the big....but by my 10th birthday I was asking for tools instead of toys, everyone was stumped. Used the tools to raid a abandoned junkyard near our house, and started selling early mustang parts...by high school I was beating a 79 Z-28 with a 4-speed....and that's when a chance visit to a friend of a friend who had a 68 charger, I immediately was hooked. Promptly got rid of Camaro and bought the charger. Never looked back... unfortunately that first charger is gone, I'll die regretting selling it. But I do have some toys. Mopar is largely my life these days. And I'm loving it... there is quite a few guys around my area who are under 50 and have old mopars, or other cars.

IMG_20221022_173502731_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210209_141315459_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220410_105608381.jpg

IMG_20240304_120353939_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240304_120403020_HDR.jpg

Just turned 41 last month. Pops was a Chevy guy. His dad worked for GM and my mom's dad worked for Ford. So me becoming a Mopar guy definitely wasn't from family influence. It started with Dukes of Hazzard like many guys. It naturally started with '69 Chargers, then evolved to '68-'70 Chargers and eventually Mopars as a whole. Pops embraced my Mopar affection and was on board looking for a '68-'69 Charger. When I was 15, we found our '68 Charger and pops taught me the basics of working on a car. Since then, we've attended the Mopar Nationals every year and Carlisle for the past 15 years, I've gone on to attend WyoTech and got a job at a hot rod shop out of school. Pops is now a full fledged Mopar guy and I'm in the process of doing the restoration of the Charger. My son is now almost two years old and I can only hope that the flame burns hot in him as well, although I'm not going to force it...

I'm 47...I'm the youngest of 3 and the black sheep of my family. Nobody in my family was into cars. I have no idea how I originally got the big....but by my 10th birthday I was asking for tools instead of toys, everyone was stumped. Used the tools to raid a abandoned junkyard near our house, and started selling early mustang parts...by high school I was beating a 79 Z-28 with a 4-speed....and that's when a chance visit to a friend of a friend who had a 68 charger, I immediately was hooked. Promptly got rid of Camaro and bought the charger. Never looked back... unfortunately that first charger is gone, I'll die regretting selling it. But I do have some toys. Mopar is largely my life these days. And I'm loving it... there is quite a few guys around my area who are under 50 and have old mopars, or other cars.

View attachment 1630766

View attachment 1630768

View attachment 1630769

View attachment 1630770

View attachment 1630771

I'm 37, it all got started when my dad started dating my step mom. Her brother was one of those "old guys". He had a black on black 1970 6 pack road runner dana car, with a pistol grip 4 speed. I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Fast forward to 14 years old, my first car was a 1974 clapped out roadrunner I paid $1000 for with summer work money. Then at 27 I bought a coronet, completely rebuilt it and really starting learning how to work on mopar cars. Now I have a 1969 383 roadrunner (dream car) and a 1969 4 speed dart 340.

Unfortunately the price of these cars really keeps the younger crowd away. It's hard for a even most middle aged guys to get in the hobby anymore. For them it's easier to find an LS and throw it in a random car. When I come across actual mopar guys I probably talk there leg off because i don't ever get to talk about my hobby with most people lol
My plan is to find another A body for cheap. Then when my 3 year old son is old enough, we'll build one together.

35 here. Been into cars and anything with wheels since I was able to roll hot wheels across the kitchen floor. Dad and grandpa were the biggest influences. Grandpa (born 1917) was a mechanic since he was a teenager and got into hot rods in the late 40s and through the 50s and 60s. Owned mainly chevys but his main passion was his clubs front engine dragster with a 392 hemi.

Dad got a 1965 formula S barracuda for his first car and wrecked it. Had a couple other brand x's after that (71 mach 1 and 70 big block monte carlo). Last hot car before us kids was a 1970 charger r/t in burnt orange. Sold it to a good friend who totaled it when he hit someone in a vw rabbit.

Older brother turned 16 and wanted something classic and found a black 71 c10 short box. Had a 4.3l v6 in it. Though it was fun to cruise it was no rocket ship like he wanted. So we built a pretty hot 350 for it. 3 years later I turned 16 and it was my turn. I found a straight little 66 mustang coupe with a 302 and drove/wrenched on that for a few years till Dad passed from a brain aneurysm when I was 17. Kept it for a couple years after that. My good friend was getting into the 4x4 game so I traded the 66 for a rock crawlin toyota 4 runner.(big regret)

Started working at a restoration shop that specialized in mopars and that's where I caught the itch. First one was a lifted 1986 ram 250 with a 76 400 in it. (Still have) Then came a 1962 Chrysler New Yorker. Had lots of fun in that car(big front and back bench seats...) then sold it to fund the truck.

Had always loved 65 coronets. Ever since I taped a hot rod mag pull out of Brian Kohlmanns 65 doing a fire burnout on my bedroom wall when I was about 13. Found mine about 12 years ago and held on to it ever since. Kids and life happened but I'm finally working on the dang thing and have my next generation helper to give me a hand!

20231202_115631.jpg

Last edited:
Turned 30 last December have been driving mopar or near mopar kin since I got my license, i started out in a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2wd with 4.0l, then got a 1968 Jeepster Commando as a project that me and my dad where going to work on and did not make progress before we needed room regret getting rid of that one (still have the grill and hub caps though), then got a 1994 Jeep Cherokee with the 4.0 again but this time lifted it and went off roading absolutely loved it had to pay a debt to a friend so I signed the Cherokee over to him, then graduation year picked up my current off road Jeep 1997 Grand Cherokee Limited, then in June of 2016 my father and i found a Dodge coronet 500 for sale on ebay that mached his from high-school, but lost the winning bid we then found my 69 GTX and have been tooling on it ever since, after that i bought my first pickup a 2018 ram 1500 tradesman, traded that for a 2020 2500 tradesman, now have a 2017 2500 tradesman, have had a few focuses and a Geo but always had a Jeep since I got my license i love these mopars!

Also have been trying to work out a deal on the pictured 54 savoy with a neighbor no luck yet!

View attachment 1630780

20231118_162916.jpg

20231103_172833.jpg

20220529_185021.jpg

20230921_190559.jpg

20220221_061809.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, cool stuff!! And I read (red) every single post....!

My mother was 27 for 27 years!
My sister says she's is only 29 with 37 Years experience...

where I got my saying from

I have a kid that's 42, adopted son James',
he's still in the US Navy (since 18 y/o), for 24 years now, since 2001
just before 9/11, he's a good kid...
Now I feel old...

Last edited:
49 for a few more months. Dad had a 68 Coronet R/T. He talked it up so much I thought it must have been a rocket ship. A friend borrowed it and totaled it. He then bought a 69 Roadrunner, must have been an open diff or really deep gears, said all it would do is spin the tires with the R/Ts 440 in it. Uncle Jack had a 68 RR 4 speed bench seat. I remember sitting in that car as a little **** making engine noise and squealing the tires. That shift had throw longer than any pickup I’d ever played in. Dad took me to look at 76 monte carlo when I was 14 which I purchased. Oddly enough the Coronet and RR were less than 1 mile from a place we lived. He never told me they were there. Probably know I’d try to by 1 of them.

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention @khryslerkid!

27 and up in a mopar family. My great grandfather always had them, he bought a 78 lil red new that’s still in the family. My 2 great uncles had a 69 roadrunner and a 71 barracuda they street raced very successfully. My grandfather mostly had station wagons and was a mechanic. My dad was mostly into motorcycles, but had a Laser and every truck was a dodge. He is an amazing shade tree mechanic, I think he wanted a muscle car to play with but never had the extra money, so he’s really enjoyed helping me with mine, heck sometimes I’d ask for his help just to get him to work on it with me

Auto Transport Service
Back