• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

50 and under members....who is y'all!?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Lots of us here are 'older' but I know there are several here that are 50 and younger. Just wondering who all are in that age group and what brought you to Mopars.....? Hopefully there are many youngins that will keep the torch burning.

I'm just a hair under at 49. Definitely found Chrysler through Dad. My daughter has won several track championships and her BF does alot of work and upgrades on his D100. I was helping him with a nitrous installation last week The beat goes on..

I just turned 48 the end of February. Dad raised us up on Chevys and my first car that I bought was a 64 Impala. I remember one of the first Mopars I saw around the house was a 70 Hemi Orange Super Bee. I’m not going to lie. To this day a 70 Hemi Orange Black long stripe Super Bee is one of my favorites. Well the next Mopar I ever saw was the one I own today. How ironic. My dad owns an excavating business and I went with him to go look at a job installing a septic system for a guy that owned a body shop around the mid 90,s. They were car people also. Dad knew the owner and asked him if he still had that 69 Cheyenne. The owners name was Jimmy. Jimmy said yes, I still have it, want to look at it, dad said why sure. As we entered the shop I noticed a car sitting in the corner with a Sheet on it. As Jimmy was showing my dad that beautiful Cheyenne I couldn’t help but wonder what was under the sheet. I asked Jimmy what was under the sheet. He replied, that’s James 70 Charger, his son. He walked over to the car and took the sheet off and I was just mesmerized. That was the first time I’d ever seen a 2nd gen Charger in person. I was just amazed on just how beautiful the lines were on that car. I fell in love in with the car and would have never imagined I’d own it 10 years later. To make a long story a tad shorter. James ended up going crazy. He got on drugs and Claimed he was abducted by aliens and all kinds of crazy ****. I ended up with it in 2004 and have had it since.

5A849612-E6A2-47E3-B99F-70C76473F078.jpeg

I'm 50 (still in my mind), but with just 14 years more experience....

I’m a product of the 1975 model years suffering from, heavy emissions low performance and rust issues... but a 70 Charger RT was my first ride home from the hospital. XS29U0G170626 if it happens to pop up.

I just turned 48 the end of February. Dad raised us up on Chevys and my first car that I bought was a 64 Impala. I remember one of the first Mopars I saw around the house was a 70 Hemi Orange Super Bee. I’m not going to lie. To this day a 70 Hemi Orange Black long stripe Super Bee is one of my favorites. Well the next Mopar I ever saw was the one I own today. How ironic. My dad owns an excavating business and I went with him to go look at a job installing a septic system for a guy that owned a body shop around the mid 90,s. They were car people also. Dad knew the owner and asked him if he still had that 69 Cheyenne. The owners name was Jimmy. Jimmy said yes, I still have it, want to look at it, dad said why sure. As we entered the shop I noticed a car sitting in the corner with a Sheet on it. As Jimmy was showing my dad that beautiful Cheyenne I couldn’t help but wonder what was under the sheet. I asked Jimmy what was under the sheet. He replied, that’s James 70 Charger, his son. He walked over to the car and took the sheet off and I was just mesmerized. That was the first time I’d ever seen a 2nd gen Charger in person. I was just amazed on just how beautiful the lines were on that car. I fell in love in with the car and would have never imagined I’d own it 10 years later. To make a long story a tad shorter. James ended up going crazy. He got on drugs and Claimed he was abducted by aliens and all kinds of crazy ****. I ended up with it in 2004 and have had it since.

View attachment 1629321
Nice car!! And I think the 2nd gen Chargers are one of the nicest looking cars ever built! Sad to say that I've never owned one. For some reason the E body cars kept popping up and usually for a very reasonable price and ended up with several. At one point I had 3 E bodies going at the same time and then had a couple more out back that were fairly complete. Even my wife at the time was driving a pretty nice 73 318 Challenger. I was driving a fairly decent 71 340 Cuda and had a really nice 70 383 Challenger....until I got stooopid and sold them all lol

I just made the cut at 50yo.
Dad brought home another car we had to keep running seemingly every few months when I was a kid.
Although he was a Chevy man at heart, he owned many cars from most of the American makes.
He had some Plymouths and Dodges amongst the cars he owned.
I fell in love with ‘69 Roadrunners watching the drag races with dad as a kid.
Dad was an auto body guy and we restored a ‘70 Duster 340 FC7 that I fell in love with too.
I’m happy to say I own one of each, a RR and a Duster.
(My Duster is a ‘71 though, close enough IMO)

Grew up liking mustangs cuz Dad did. And we had some first.
Then my uncle gave us a ride in a 69 charger rt he bought.
That day my brother and I converted. Bought my Coronet at age 14.

I’m a product of the 1975 model years suffering from, heavy emissions low performance and rust issues... but a 70 Charger RT was my first ride home from the hospital. XS29U0G170626 if it happens to pop up.
I brought my son home from the hospital in my 70 Charger R/T SE.

20220424_194314 (1).jpg

Raised on a 1960's era dairy farm in the middle of nowhere WI, with Grandparents that grew up during and right after the depression. I was raised in a home that mirrored how life was with "the greatest generation" if that makes any sense. The stuff in the 80's that people thought was cool, was not part of my home but I saw it on TV lol. Internet was not a thing basically until I was about out of high school. Cable TV was for city folks. We still had the 1978 Curtis Mathis console in the living room. Farm was fully equipped with the best 30 year old machinery available when it went to auction lol.

I was a Ford guy in my youth, because we had a few on the farm. Trucks that is. And in the 80's and 90's, if you wanted a sports car with a V8 you were either chebby camp or Ford, and the chebby guys were zealot crazy in WI back then. Why not an old Mopar? Because this was WI. Either the car was a cream puff or half of it was missing.
I do have a soft spot for Olds. Grandpa had a Cutlass with a 350, the first car I remember riding in was a 1972 Delta 88 with a 455. Ma's favorite car ever. Growing up with 1960's era tractors of various makes you become inquisitive about how the engines work and why they are so different. it gave me perspective on the different brands. I liked Olds for it's gut power, I liked Ford small blocks because they were rev happy. I didn't get to drive a mopar until I was out of High School.

And that was what got me into them. First it was neighbor's 1991 Cummins. Then it was a 1986 D200 with a 318 and maybe the lowest gearing I have ever seen, I mean besides the '64 F200 we had(pumpkin on that old ford was massive, probably from an older bigger truck) and that 318 was smooth and reliable. First truck I bought when the trusty farm 79 F250 finally rotted away was a 2001 Ram offroad edition. That lead to my brand new '13 Charger AWD 5.7.
I had a Bronco, rotted out. Wanted another like 5 years ago. Bronco prices went full retard. So I bought a Ramcharger to fix up, because the neighbor had one when I was a kid and it was the coolest 4x4 I had ever seen. Driven by a 90lb tiny lady(not the typical farmer's wife lol) I am glad I got the Ramcharger, they are extinct in WI and everyone I meet with it has fond memories of them from decades back.

My 94 Mustang was sold to my son at steep discount to keep it in the family. My 2001 Ram went to my brother in law for pennies as he couldn't afford a truck and I had my eye on the mechanic's 2002 2500HD 8.1/allison crew cab. So I am not a zealot. My time with the numerous gas and diesel burning engines throughout the years, tractor, trucks, cars(chainsaws, lawnmowers, lol) I look at the drivetrain and not so much the nametag, but I do have my favorites :)
IMO, Mopar made a complete package lineup while the rest had shining spots and mega-duds. Even in the turbo years, Mopar has some nice projects I would like to take on, but cars are expensive lol.
The Ramcharger is done enough to drive daily to work all summer. I picked up a 78 Monaco police, detectives car(county detective, this is WI not Chicago) that is awaiting funding. I found a 98 Dakota 5.2/5 speed mini hot rod last year for a grand with 52k miles on it. I might be further along with things if I hadn't given away a couple vehicles like I did to family, but that is what you do for family, that's how I was raised.
These days, I lean towards old Mopar because I still can't stand dealing with local zealot chebby guys and anything newer then 1995, Ford lost their dang mind on. I still have a 74 Cutlass W30 on the bucket list, and a Warlock or Macho. maybe if things go right I will look for another smaller car, either an early 80's AMC Spirit(probably not) or something really out there like a Magnum swapped Conquest or somthing, something no one has done. But right now family first(always) and the country is in a bad way so that stuff is on hold.

Yes, this is long. I am not quite at Budnicks level but I give him a run for the money somtimes :)

Raised on a 1960's era dairy farm in the middle of nowhere WI, with Grandparents that grew up during and right after the depression. I was raised in a home that mirrored how life was with "the greatest generation" if that makes any sense. The stuff in the 80's that people thought was cool, was not part of my home but I saw it on TV lol. Internet was not a thing basically until I was about out of high school. Cable TV was for city folks. We still had the 1978 Curtis Mathis console in the living room. Farm was fully equipped with the best 30 year old machinery available when it went to auction lol.

I was a Ford guy in my youth, because we had a few on the farm. Trucks that is. And in the 80's and 90's, if you wanted a sports car with a V8 you were either chebby camp or Ford, and the chebby guys were zealot crazy in WI back then. Why not an old Mopar? Because this was WI. Either the car was a cream puff or half of it was missing.
I do have a soft spot for Olds. Grandpa had a Cutlass with a 350, the first car I remember riding in was a 1972 Delta 88 with a 455. Ma's favorite car ever. Growing up with 1960's era tractors of various makes you become inquisitive about how the engines work and why they are so different. it gave me perspective on the different brands. I liked Olds for it's gut power, I liked Ford small blocks because they were rev happy. I didn't get to drive a mopar until I was out of High School.

And that was what got me into them. First it was neighbor's 1991 Cummins. Then it was a 1986 D200 with a 318 and maybe the lowest gearing I have ever seen, I mean besides the '64 F200 we had(pumpkin on that old ford was massive, probably from an older bigger truck) and that 318 was smooth and reliable. First truck I bought when the trusty farm 79 F250 finally rotted away was a 2001 Ram offroad edition. That lead to my brand new '13 Charger AWD 5.7.
I had a Bronco, rotted out. Wanted another like 5 years ago. Bronco prices went full retard. So I bought a Ramcharger to fix up, because the neighbor had one when I was a kid and it was the coolest 4x4 I had ever seen. Driven by a 90lb tiny lady(not the typical farmer's wife lol) I am glad I got the Ramcharger, they are extinct in WI and everyone I meet with it has fond memories of them from decades back.

My 94 Mustang was sold to my son at steep discount to keep it in the family. My 2001 Ram went to my brother in law for pennies as he couldn't afford a truck and I had my eye on the mechanic's 2002 2500HD 8.1/allison crew cab. So I am not a zealot. My time with the numerous gas and diesel burning engines throughout the years, tractor, trucks, cars(chainsaws, lawnmowers, lol) I look at the drivetrain and not so much the nametag, but I do have my favorites :)
IMO, Mopar made a complete package lineup while the rest had shining spots and mega-duds. Even in the turbo years, Mopar has some nice projects I would like to take on, but cars are expensive lol.
The Ramcharger is done enough to drive daily to work all summer. I picked up a 78 Monaco police, detectives car(county detective, this is WI not Chicago) that is awaiting funding. I found a 98 Dakota 5.2/5 speed mini hot rod last year for a grand with 52k miles on it. I might be further along with things if I hadn't given away a couple vehicles like I did to family, but that is what you do for family, that's how I was raised.
These days, I lean towards old Mopar because I still can't stand dealing with local zealot chebby guys and anything newer then 1995, Ford lost their dang mind on. I still have a 74 Cutlass W30 on the bucket list, and a Warlock or Macho. maybe if things go right I will look for another smaller car, either an early 80's AMC Spirit(probably not) or something really out there like a Magnum swapped Conquest or somthing, something no one has done. But right now family first(always) and the country is in a bad way so that stuff is on hold.

Yes, this is long. I am not quite at Budnicks level but I give him a run for the money somtimes :)
I remember when I turned 45 almost 28 years ago. Things were going pretty good except for the family. Wife wanted to be friends with the kids first then a parent and parenting wasn't in her wheelhouse. Well, things are going pretty good again but the kids are still pretty dysfunctional so I try to keep out of their way which isn't very hard to do since they rather dance to their own music. Hard to believe one can spend nearly half of their life trying to raise a family the right way and it end up so messed up! And I don't think too many others can give Bud a run for the money LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back