• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I thought about blasting the regulators but ended up just wire brushing then cleaned and lubed them. The handle spline shaft bearings were rusted stuck and took some work to get them freed up, cleaned out and working smooth. After looking at my rear regulators again I'm thinking I may delete them and just rig the glass in the up position for a while. That rear window regulator reinstall looks like a nightmare. I'm not going to have a back seat anyway.

It's a bit of a pain but not as bad as it looks. I drilled the rivets out of my regulators so I could clean the sand out of them and grease them up good (jackasses blasted it with windows and all still in place). It's worth the effort in my opinion.

If I can get the front regulators and glass back in and working good without much headache I may reconsider the rears. The rivets were loose on one of my front's handle shaft bearing cover and I considered drilling them on out and cleaning the bearings out apart, but I actually cleaned them while together with a few different solvents and then used hi-press hot water and soap to flush out all the crud. Then blew them dry with shop air, put a few drops of thick gear oil in and some clear grease. After that they are working very smooth, so far, the final test will be in the car.

They turned them into attachments you have to click on to open. Made it a pain in the ***! So much for new & improved......

Opps, I just looked back several pages you don't even have attachments! Looks like someone got HOSED. Don't they know we old timers don't like change!

Funny, I can still see everyone else's pics without clicking on attachments......?

Joey's working on it, he just wanted to get the switch done and get it back up and running. It will eventually be as it was.

Dammit Kid, after reading your post about the car being done I impatiently started scrolling for pics...... NOT FUNNY:wtf:

Joey's working on it, he just wanted to get the switch done and get it back up and running. It will eventually be as it was.

Dammit Kid, after reading your post about the car being done I impatiently started scrolling for pics...... NOT FUNNY:wtf:

Yea I pm'd him and he splained it.
It was April fool's day.. But I agree,,The car being ready is not a funny joke tho! I'm starting to get disturbed about it.. May have to check into the nervous hospital for a while.

Hangin in there Kid?
Barely, I'm on the ragged edge of sanity! The situation has gotten worse than I could have ever imagined. Not going into details but I'm glad I insured it for a value of 17k because I may be reporting it stolen soon.

Auto Transport Service
Back