• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I adjusted mine to where some areas overhung a bit so they could be filed down minimizing the filler and used just a bit of All Metal to finish it off. I know some would be **** about adjusting the quarter but if everything is lining up beautifully accept a piece of trim I'm fixing the trim.
That's what I'll do, add some All-Metal or Z-glass filler to make the trim fit the quarter. Thanks for the idea, my brain has shut down lately.

I'll see n post a pic off same side n a little bit of difference if any just a thought

mine was like that also, but there is a fix

966445_618146388244074_1392489003_o.jpg

I had to drill out my welds & put a large punch & move the 1/4 out as shown in the picture, reweld while holding panel out.
1487732_618146441577402_984649717_o.jpg

FIXED
887111_618146504910729_1191516874_o.jpg

Got these today off ebay, $50 & free shipping. Quality seems fine.
20160525_200638_resized.jpg

And also figured out a way to fix these quarter extensions when the studs break off.
20160521_090407_resized.jpg

Last edited:
How's things coming along Kid?
Saving up my money and looking for another body shop to finish the paint. I may start doing a little more of the filling and blocking while waiting tho. Also going to weld some tie down hoops to the K frame soon.

Update- I welded some D rings on the K frame. Yea, they're ugly but hopefully won't be able to be seen much. Same as the ones on the trailer. They may not be pretty but I could lift the whole car off the ground with one of them I'm sure. I sliced notches in the front lip of the K frame and angled them down just a little and welds top and bottom are super strong.
And I may be taking the car to the painter friend of my uncle pretty soon. He only takes one car at a time and was about finished with the one he has now when I talked to him a couple of weeks ago..

20160624_182123_resized.jpg

Still waiting on the painter to get time for me., but for some good news, I found a complete 71-440 motor, minus carb and exhaust mans. Looks like it has never been apart so may need some freshening up. Giving $1100 for it. The seller is in my car club so I trust him but he never saw it run. I still have my car's original 383 block which will be kept/stored for the car, and the 400 block that I bought with plans to make a 512 out of it. But now I think I will try to do what it takes to the 440 to get it running decent, so it can be ready to go in the car after it comes from paint. Then drive the car some before deciding whether to stroke/build the 400 or the 440 for more hp.. Should be picking up the 440 this weekend, will have pics then.

Last edited:
I just did the same thing Daytona only with a 75 440 block,I bored it 60 over n put 10.5 Pistons n had the crank n rods hardened n using 68 906 heads,all new bearings pins etc,n the guy doing it put rods from the engines they used in military vechiles witch are very close to balance from factory n we just growing them a little to make them perfect n I paid the same as you

I thought that my painter was slow to take a year to paint my car and another year to paint my fenders and hood. I hope that you can get it painted soon and everything goes well. I like that you are getting the 440. That will be great.

Auto Transport Service
Back