• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Had to make note of the 70RR (or it may be a GTX) in the Furious 7 movie. I have been a fan of the F&F movies or to be more precise the cars in the movies. You can just turn the sound off and put on some metal tunes and the movies are much better. But anyway it was funny to me that the black 70 charger gained so much popularity in the 1st couple of F&F movies and I obviously love it since my 68 will be black as well. Then the Daytona made it's F&F debut and I thought WOW my favorite car! Well, I just saw Furious 7 the other day and I almost fell out. The burnt orange 70RR is almost identical to my 1st car, that I got in May of 1970., except I had no scoop on my black hood and it appears they have a GTX grill in that one. And I ended up with Cragars on mine. I also had the 4spd pistol grip, blacked grill and hood pins. Seeing that car being rung out and slung around corners in the movie finally showed me exactly what I looked like when I was running from the cops or just driving like a nut 45 years ago. Hated to see it crashed, I crashed mine also, sob... They must be putting these cars into these movies just for me.

Attachments

• 2431d00600254.jpg
    2431d00600254.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
I like the movies too or at least some of them and yes they showcase some really cool cars. Love that burnt orange RR.

Nice work Kid. I just spent some time back in your post learning what "dehumping" is all about. Humping as never been an issue for me but this dehumping stuff is gonna require some effort and a duration longer than 60 seconds

Makes me thirsty for a Elsinore beer eh, take off you hoser.........

I need some help finding something guys. All the side glass windows were good except for the passenger door. I will be buying a new glass and I have the stainless trim/seal holder for it that goes on the rear vertical edge. It has the rubber seal on one side to seal between the door glass and the rear quarter glass when rolled up, and I believe I have found those. On the other side of the trim is a U groove for the door glass to attach into that had a U shaped plastic strip in it, glued in I guess?. I have been searching for those plastic U strips and not having much luck. Anyone ever deal with these and/or know of a supplier?
Here is a pic of the trim piece that came off of the broken passenger window and a pic of the good driver door glass with it's trim piece on it.

Attachments

• 20160303_153621_resized.jpg
    20160303_153621_resized.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 20160303_154129_resized.jpg
    20160303_154129_resized.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 330
I need some help finding something guys. All the side glass windows were good except for the passenger door. I will be buying a new glass and I have the stainless trim/seal holder for it that goes on the rear vertical edge. It has the rubber seal on one side to seal between the door glass and the rear quarter glass when rolled up, and I believe I have found those. On the other side of the trim is a U groove for the door glass to attach into that had a U shaped plastic strip in it, glued in I guess?. I have been searching for those plastic U strips and not having much luck. Anyone ever deal with these and/or know of a supplier?
Here is a pic of the trim piece that came off of the broken passenger window and a pic of the good driver door glass with it's trim piece on it.

Good question kid, I'm going to have the same problem so I'm eager to see what others have to say.

And while we're at it what's up with these, I think they are called cat whiskers. And I think I see places with them for sale, but wonder if you get the whole metal piece which has a chrome/ss strip on it and mount clips, or do you just get the new fuzzy pads to glue on, after you scrape off/clean the old ones which might be tuff.

Attachments

• 20160303_190048_resized.jpg
    20160303_190048_resized.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Good question, I will be there soon so I'm watching.

Good question, I will be there soon so I'm watching.

It will be a while before I order the "cat-whiskers" but when I do I'll call and ask if they come complete with the metal strip & ss trim edge or not. My window/seal questions are me getting ahead of myself from having nothing else to do while waiting on the *#@)_&^% body shop.

I know time drags when waiting on paint. Have you got your dash done?

I know time drags when waiting on paint. Have you got your dash done?

The painter has my dash also. The only thing I can think of to work on now is painting the roll bar. I took it out before taking the car to the body-shop because I wanted to paint it myself. I need to blast it, prime it and then thinking about using brush-on oil base enamel gloss black (poorman's powder coat).. I had really wanted to paint it chrome but I'm giving up on that.

A lot of guys use that hammer paint. I have some in the rattle can and painted some other things with and it looks really cool and tough as nails.

I also posted this question on the "restoration" forum and BeeKeeper had the answer. Thanks again BK! Here is a vid that explains "glass setting tape".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNJ0gFg0MeQ

I just read through this entire thread. Amazing work. I need to get started soon on my Wife's 66. She has been pestering me but I do this for a living as well so working on our own cars seems to take much longer.

Wow well over 3 years now, man how time flies

don't feel bad I'm going on 10 years with one of mine...

keep up the good work

Yep, time flies. The only thing slowing me up is financing. But I'm still plugging away at what I can. Found some stuff to work on today. The front window regulators were froze up with rust so I refurbed them. Anyone working on these BEWARE, removing the coiled spring will hurt you., ask me how I know. I pried it up and off with a screwdriver and when it let go it almost got my knuckles. One spring was missing and it appeared someone had tried to weld the splined handle shaft to keep the window up. I also blasted and painted some of the roll bar parts and some of the interior trim. Everything turned out good.

Attachments

• 20160326_093824_resized.jpg
    20160326_093824_resized.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 20160326_094824_resized.jpg
    20160326_094824_resized.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 20160326_195415_resized.jpg
    20160326_195415_resized.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Nice Kid. I'm working on my window parts now to. Blasting and painting the parts. I had bought a lot of different paints from Eastwood to try to replicate the look of finish. Believe it or not the aluminium engine paint I had in the cabinet looked the best. Now I know it'll probably never be seen. I tried to only blast just enough to remove the rust. The alum. paint blends pretty good with the galvanized coating.

Auto Transport Service
Back