• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

512 with 440-1 heads. Dyno Results are in

What are you doing with the car? Street or strip? 4 link good. Especially if running street.
Like Malex, I probably would have done ladder bar had I known I would just be racing.
Mostly street cruising.
Test and Tune, grudge racing maybe twice a month.

Then I’d say you would be happy with the same setup I have. It works well.

Then I’d say you would be happy with the same setup I have. It works well.
So should I start with those type of "control arms"?
prier0.gif

That I am not sure of? I am guessing you plan to build your own setup, not a kit like I used?

https://www.reillymotorsports.com/Street-Lynx-Rear-Kits/
NO! I am going to get the RMS StreetLynx or Gerst triangulated rear suspension system. If the "control arms" that you just posted pictures of are an upgrade, I'm asking should I start with those? Did RMS sell them to you? What did the RMS original arms look like (just bushings I guess...poly? or?) Is there a more accurate term for the arms you have?
I have to see what Gerst has for "arms" with their kit, and RMS, and see if they offer "upgrades".

Yes. The arms I just installed are now the standard arm in the RMS kit.
If you give Bill a call at RMS he will point you in the right direction.
The arms I did have used to be in his older kits. That has since been changed and the new kits have the new bars.

Yes. The arms I just installed are now the standard arm in the RMS kit.
If you give Bill a call at RMS he will point you in the right direction.
The arms I did have used to be in his older kits. That has since been changed and the new kits have the new bars.
As always, thanks Wookie.
I think once I have my stroker motor and my suspension squared away, you still don't have to worry if I line up across from you. :)
We can focus on crushing the Fords and Chebbies, and I have my wife's 421 Tripower GTO to contend with closer to home. With all of the suspension work, Quick Performance Ford 9" rear axle assembly and UMI components, and soon to add Global West rear coilover conversion kit on her GTO, along with the performance parts and build up we did on the 421, I may face my first loss to the Goat. So far I am undefeated against it.
Once I get my engine built though, as long as my suspension is squared away, I'll get the upper hand again.
BWA-HA-HAAAAA
Lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back