• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

512 with 440-1 heads. Dyno Results are in

Motor appears to be sealed well. Not much in the puke tank. Old 511 and 440 both had to be drained every couple rounds.

“Old 511”??

It’s not the same short block that had these same heads on it in the past?

Runner up. Broke out. Dang.

7CB13DE2-ABF3-4272-A7B2-F590679F2F50.jpeg

As the track got better I did dip into the 1.43 then 1.42 60 foot.
Also the motor used way less fuel than it normally does which tells me either the QFX 4710 is more efficient than my AED, or the porting on the Wilson Manifold not only helped power, but also in fuel distribution. Or perhaps a combo of each? Regardless whatever caused the change, it was noticeably different. I went 8 rounds and from past experience I’d have used Way more than I did. So that is a win right there.
Will cut the filter apart sometime this week and run the valves to make sure all is still good.
Last pass was a 10.31 on a 10.34. Took the stripe but also took a nap on the line. In the final no less. Oh well something to build on.

083803C7-0959-4F66-B60F-7528D0576363.jpeg 5CDBAFD7-7AA6-4DDE-8A7F-D86D029CED22.jpeg

You gotta be happy with a first outing like that! Its cold and raining down here.

Nice outing with car and driver. 8 rds is great win or lose.
Doug

Yes I’m very happy. It was a great test before the season starts at the end of the month. As long as I find no surprises on the once over I’m golden.

Yes I’m very happy. It was a great test before the season starts at the end of the month. As long as I find no surprises on the once over I’m golden.
----
Good job Wooks!
Looking forward to catching up with you again in 2 weeks.

You bet. Barney is in the garage on jack stands. Starting tomorrow a once over on everything. Cut the filter apart tonight and it looks nice and clean. Liking that.

Auto Transport Service
Back