• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

535 build

Now the car makes 840 rear-wheel horsepower on the bottle so if I can make that just on Motor Plus the bottle then I'd be

Now the car makes 840 rear-wheel horsepower on the bottle so if I can make that just on Motor Plus the bottle then I'd be
You would like to make 840 RWHP, normally aspirated, on pump gas with a 540ci wedge? You have a very interesting task ahead of you.

I seen a video on YouTube of a 800 hp 540” but it was 13:1 compression I believe, no pump gas there! Victor heads and intake

Here’s the video, 800 hp at the flywheel. Going to probably need 950+Hp to get over 800 to the wheels

it can be done
Didn't say it couldn't. Said it would be interesting.

I've been to many a chassis dyno contest. Best I ever saw from a pump gas, 540ci twin carburetor, tunnel ram Hemi was 750 RWHP. If I remember correctly, they told me the flywheel horsepower was 1000+.

I was standing there watching these runs.............

Here is the 540ci Hemi...........

How about a 654ci Hemi, normally aspirated using E85 at 957 RWHP?

I was in the passenger seat when this normally aspirated, single 4-bbl, 500ci wedge made 696 RWHP on E85. I know this engine made at least 848 FWHP.

Last edited:
If you are building a "street" engine, build it to make big torque. How often are you going to spin a street engine @ 7,000 RPM + for max HP ?

You would like to make 840 RWHP, normally aspirated, on pump gas with a 540ci wedge? You have a very interesting task ahead of you.
How quick is the car in the current 840rhp state?
Doug

Like Doug says, until now, its just talk.

Am curious. You are building a $15,000 motor because you don't like the price of gas for your current motor? And you think you need 10.5:1 CR for a NA 840 RWHP motor to run on pump gas?

These seem a little odd.

Will be interested in you're data.

Th
Like Doug says, until now, its just talk.

Am curious. You are building a $15,000 motor because you don't like the price of gas for your current motor? And you think you need 10.5:1 CR for a NA 840 RWHP motor to run on pump gas?

These seem a little odd.

Will be interested in you're data.
Parts for a motor of that level will exceed $20k.
Doug

I didnt want to go high here assuming he'd have a lot of the stuff already from the current motor.

Got around 16 large into my 700 horse 505 stroker

A04C9505-D6A6-45AD-8EF5-C16210162B66.jpeg 78F97B14-12E3-4862-B3A1-90AD3F13F779.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back