• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

572 World Aluminum close to Dyno

Can’t wait.
1000 HP.

Looks good. Hope it runs even better.

Last edited:
Not to cut in, but I think the block is like 135 lb alone.

Popcorn The Stig Eating.gif
on pins & needles

Depending on cam and fuel, etc somewhere 900 hp and up? It gets tough going over 900 hp with -1 heads but can be done. I got 926 at 7200, 550 cubes, 15/1 compression, methanol injected, .868 lift roller.

268/276 @ .050 if you need help with the guess. Cam is about 10 degrees too small for this cubic inch, but I’m limited to 10.0 because of lack of a full cage.

At 3900lbs all in?......I reckon you'll blow that 10.0 away by at least 4 10ths and pull close to 140mph.

Wookie! Your Charger R/T always has a special place in my heart, being as my first Mopar was a 71 Charger R/T, and although LemonTwist/Top Banana and black is my favorite color combination, InViolet/Plum Crazy has tied or surpassed what was my 2nd favorite B5 Blue! Your car is so fine looking and it's AWESOME to see that "SLAB O' STEEL" hoist the front tires off the ground and haul *** down the track...
As a matter of fact, my parents just gave me a "home made" 60th birthday card, and out of the 3 pictures selected to represent the celebration of the start of my 60th year sucking air, a pic of my 71 R/T was one of them:
20220205_133004.jpg

Having decided to go to a 4.50 stroke and a 572, I'm also excited to see how it all works out for you.
I'll be watching with great interest and enthusiasm!!
:thumbsup: :popcorn2: :moparsmiley:

268/276 @ .050 if you need help with the guess. Cam is about 10 degrees too small for this cubic inch, but I’m limited to 10.0 because of lack of a full cage.
Ship it down here. We can rectify both of those issues... lol

Numbers from different dynos can vary...... a lot.
So any guess I might make would be what I’d expect to see on the dyno here....... which could easily be way off from some other dyno.....so, no hp/tq guess from me.
But I will say what trends I’d expect to see based on the info presented.......

Big motor, smallish heads, small cam for the displacement, smallish headers, fairly high CR.

Should make a really nice TQ number, but I’d expect a fairly early HP peak to occur.

I’ve never tried an intake ported by Wilson, so that’s a wild card for me.

Actually only my low deck has a ported Wilson manifold. This Indy that is on the 572 is for the most part “as is” other then port matching and a bit of clean up in the runners.

HP number guesses are close. Torque guesses are low.
For what is in the motor, it is about what I expected. The cam needs about 10 more degrees of duration and .080 more lift to make full use of the cylinder heads.

So looks like 833 ft lbs max torque and 882 HP max...
From what I can see and then surmise, torque and horsepower look like they have FAT (high) and fairly FLAT power curves. That's quite a machine you have to move Barney down the road! Congratulations!

The cam needs about 10 more degrees of duration and .080 more lift to make full use of the cylinder heads.

Are the heads basically the same as they were when you ran them before?

Auto Transport Service
Back