• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

/6 225 Starter Motor Recommendation

JJordan1173

Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
Strarting to research a new starter motor for my Fury. I am looking at the items in the attached picture. Figured I would get y'all's input.

I remember a friend of mine talking about a starter motor that is a bit more compact but does a quick job of starting up the motor on these older mopars.

Thanks for any tips.

Screenshot_20240305_172755_Firefox.jpg

The original worked for how long? The choice is yours I have both, but miss the sound of my original when I hit the key.

I agree with pnora using the Dakota starter. Tho this one came from Summit you can get them at any parts house.

IMG_1914.jpg

I have an original that I removed from my /6. It’s yours if you pay shipping. If interested I can post a few pics here and I can make sure it spins. Then PM me for more details.

Go with the dakota starter. Yes the OE works but doesn't spin the motor nearly as well

Auto Transport Service
Back