• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6-pack help!

whatever the mechanical pump is putting out. have had the sight plugs out on all 3 carbs while its running and level stayed good.
It can still be high/low causing issues. I've seen them low as 4 and high as 8 out of the box

Well it is a complex system meaning it's not just the carbs , ignition is key as is the voltage regulator oh and fuel pump . But hang in there man it's the best system hands down .

Any updates from Harold as yet?
The carbs are on the way back to me. Harold said the center carb failed both vacuum tests that he does and found both flat surfaces warped...he also had to drilled out and replace one mixture screw on each outboard baseplate...should be back to.me on Wednesday, I'll let you know how it works out...they look like jewelry!

had to drilled out and replace one mixture screw on each outboard baseplate
The outboard idle mixture screws are very fragile, and also require MUCH less of a turn to make adjustments than the center carb. It may have been the ideal time to get the Promax angled idle screws throttle plate for the rear carb. Allows for adjustments with the carb on the intake, engine running.
Covering the outboard carb bleed as @andyf suggested was an EPIPHANY for me to get the whole six barrel setup running right.
Once you get the carbs on and "close" do yourself a favor and get the end carbs dialed in. It definitely makes a big difference!

Auto Transport Service
Back