• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 Pack Plug Fouling Problem

I know them well, I have a set I run on a stroker. I had to add adjustable idle circuits to make them work right on my application.

View attachment 1350782View attachment 1350781
That looks just like my set up, only you have much better heads :). If its not too much trouble, could you send me a picture of your fuel log set up? I don't really like the way I have mine.

IMG_0660.JPG

Last edited:
A loose P/V would cause much of your problem. Hope you can make those end carbs work for you.
Yesterday I got the carbs back on, took it for a short drive to warm it up and then adjusted my fuel bowl levels. Shut it down and changed the plugs and oil. Today I'll check my initial timing and re-adjust my idle mixture. So far on the first drive, it ran good, started good, idled good.

Yesterday I got the carbs back on, took it for a short drive to warm it up and then adjusted my fuel bowl levels. Shut it down and changed the plugs and oil. Today I'll check my initial timing and re-adjust my idle mixture. So far on the first drive, it ran good, started good, idled good.
Set the initial timing to 13 degrees today and have the idle mixture screws about 1 3/4 out with 17 inches of vacuum. Running good so far, hopefully I don't foul the plugs right away again. Only have about 4 weeks left and I'll have to put it away for Winter.

Auto Transport Service
Back