• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Only

Agreed; the 2X4 setup never felt as crisp as the 750 cfm. Edelbrock on my '67 440 R/T. But it was great eye candy. It never failed to draw a crowd, once the hood was popped.

I don't believe there was such an option. I've never heard of it or seen it. The 361 hp, four bll, dual exhaust was standard for the Polara 500. There's been a few that had a 413 with two inline four bll but you can't find any documentation of them from the factory.

The long ram manifold might have been used on the '62 Dart that Motor Trend was testing. They tried several setups on the test vehicle. You know it would require some cutting to accomplish this. I'll try and post the article tomorrow.

It was Car Life magazine article...

Attachments

• 1962-03-CL-1962-Dodge-Dart-413-Test-1-5 (1).pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 66
Here's the Motor Trend article with a 318...

Attachments

• 1962-01-MT-1962-Dodge-Dart-Convert-Test-1-6 (1).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
There was a guy in Ky. I think that had a real fast one that he grudge raced. I think his name was Junior and went by "StreetKing" Any pics ????

Having trouble finding a PDF for the August Motor Trend. Hope this is legible when enlarged.
MT1062-410HP413-p1.jpeg

MT1062-410HP413-p2.jpeg
MT1062-410HP413-p3.jpeg

MT1062-410HP413-p4.jpeg

MT1062-410HP413-p5.jpeg

MT1062-410HP413-p6.jpeg

Love those exhaust manifolds.. anyone ever repop them?

Rear fender flares on a 62 Dart?
Anyone ever seen it done?
I need more rear tire 2in+, tubbing I can do and has been done a zillon times.
Seems like I can continue the existing bulge, or add another smaller bulge with a crease/character line between the two and mimicking the current flare?
I am also pondering carrying it straight back and leave rear open ala like Porsche 911 wide body racer.
It's not for the 1/4, it will see some track day road race laps.
Rear will probably be steel flares, fronts are uncomplicated and likely a composite, especially if I I go with Sled City FG fenders.
All suggestions/comments welcomed.

So has anybody converted/modified their rear lighting on a 62 Dart 330/440?
Might not apply to Polara 500's since they have separate BU lights elsewhere.
I want to have only two rear lower light locations, that meet all the road requirements. Grote makes an LED single 4 in 1 assembly that does tail, turn, stop and backup, #55162.
You ask why, so I can run my 3" open exhaust cut-outs thru the now empty upper rear taillight openings?:bananadance:

So has anybody converted/modified their rear lighting on a 62 Dart 330/440?
Might not apply to Polara 500's since they have separate BU lights elsewhere.
I want to have only two rear lower light locations, that meet all the road requirements. Grote makes an LED single 4 in 1 assembly that does tail, turn, stop and backup, #55162.
You ask why, so I can run my 3" open exhaust cut-outs thru the now empty upper rear taillight openings?:bananadance:

There's multiple ways to set them up. I was experimenting with the factory wiring harness.

Post in thread 'Taking Up New Residence' Taking Up New Residence

Love those exhaust manifolds.. anyone ever repop them?
Try A&A Transmissions, outside Indianapolis. I believe they had the Max Wedge exhaust manifolds and intake manifolds reproduced. They also have linkage and other bits and pieces. They have a website and a very good catalogue full of mainly Mopar transmission upgrade parts. I have dealt with them quite a lot over the years of my rebuilding 727's, and found their parts and knowledge first class. Jim Kramer in Pennsylvania is another knowledgeable Max Wedge parts seller.

Try A&A Transmissions, outside Indianapolis. I believe they had the Max Wedge exhaust manifolds and intake manifolds reproduced. They also have linkage and other bits and pieces. They have a website and a very good catalogue full of mainly Mopar transmission upgrade parts. I have dealt with them quite a lot over the years of my rebuilding 727's, and found their parts and knowledge first class. Jim Kramer in Pennsylvania is another knowledgeable Max Wedge parts seller.
I'm running a small block, i was just curious cause i can imagine finding an original pair is painful at this point.. kinda want them though :)

Any of you 62 guys got any good pictures of our cars painted " Luminous Cordovan/ Deep Cordovan" ? I have never seen this paint color in person, and sure would like to see it. I was at the Mopar Nationals in 2022. Saw a 62 Sport Fury painted what I thought us Luminous Cordovan, but it was being driven, and I was far away...could never find it, ( and trust me I was looking for it).

Last edited:
indeed a great year of mopar ! the dart , awesome car . my favorite is the savoy , too cool . i have a good friend who has a factory racer s 62 savoy . he helped me along as a young guy getting into cars . i learned lots from him ,he a low budget drag racer me a low budget kid .

Here's the Motor Trend article with a 318...
I forgot about the "coasting" tests, a "stab" at aero effects?
Would need to see a comparison to make any useful conclusions, but so many variables are at play, and why I suspect they are essentially worthless?

Auto Transport Service
Back