• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Only

Here is a cool picture for all you 62 lovers!

IMG_0641.jpg

hey.. i dont get on here as much as id like to..here are some pics of my 62 vert..318 auto..still working on it..i've replaced everything underneath..kept it torsion bar suspension but went with mostly Qa1 stuff..new upper n lower contol arms..strut rods ..torsion bars..EVERYTHING to do with steering..new 1"over springs out back with new 3.55 sure grip and axels..all new brakes with Leed disc conversion up front..double pot master and prop valve..saving for some HP right now.. then on to some seat recovering and finally a fresh paint and some re-chroming.. it looks much nicer in the pics than it really is..paint color will stay the same..it's a 55 plymouth color Pompano Peach..

20210620_111413c.jpg 20210620_114420c.jpg 20210620_114441cc.jpg 20210926_091757-1c.jpg FB_IMG_1621708240119.jpg

Put on your concourse judging hat for me. Aside from the brake MS, what else can you see that is not correct for this 62 Fury, 361/4 engine bay? View attachment 1200981View attachment 1200982View attachment 1200983

The radiator is wrong, inlet should be top right, water neck is wrong, alternator pulley is wrong should be single, inner fender bolt all should be body painted color, missing black rubber cowl flap under the ballast resistor, valve covers did not have Golden Lion decals, left fender missing data plate. These items if only being judged against another like vehicle, other than that it's the owner's option as to what he likes. It's a nice restored Mopar anyone would be proud of.

hey.. i dont get on here as much as id like to..here are some pics of my 62 vert..318 auto..still working on it..i've replaced everything underneath..kept it torsion bar suspension but went with mostly Qa1 stuff..new upper n lower contol arms..strut rods ..torsion bars..EVERYTHING to do with steering..new 1"over springs out back with new 3.55 sure grip and axels..all new brakes with Leed disc conversion up front..double pot master and prop valve..saving for some HP right now.. then on to some seat recovering and finally a fresh paint and some re-chroming.. it looks much nicer in the pics than it really is..paint color will stay the same..it's a 55 plymouth color Pompano Peach..

View attachment 1264382 View attachment 1264383 View attachment 1264384 View attachment 1264385 View attachment 1264386
Did you get that car from somebody in California?
In all the times/years that I was racing my 62 at the street legals in Pomona, I only saw ONE other 62 at the track.... a convertible 62 painted peach. It wasn't racing, but it was In the pits.

Did you get that car from somebody in California?
In all the times/years that I was racing my 62 at the street legals in Pomona, I only saw ONE other 62 at the track.... a convertible 62 painted peach. It wasn't racing, but it was In the pits.

i bought it out of cleveland but was told it spent it's whole life in arizona..i've seen pics of it with cactus in the background and everything i take apart has fine sand filling the nooks n crannies....probably is the car you saw at the drags..

Thanks Curly. I wanted to ask the owner if it was a 62 color, but when I went back looking for him, it was gone. I love the color, glad your gonna redo it the same!
Edit: forgot to mention, that was probably in the mid nineties.

View attachment 1264382 View attachment 1264383 View attachment 1264384 View attachment 1264385 View attachment 1264386
Welcome Curly, from another PA resident with a 62 Fury convertible!

That looks great on your car. Plymouth should have kept that color for '62. What part of Pa. are you from?

sand filling the nooks n crannies.
Bought a 64 Dart and emptied a 5 gallon bucket of sand and dirt out of it. Dirt but no rust !
Very nice. My brother had a convert Sport Fury back in 1967.
A 62 Savoy has been on my bucket list for some time now.

The radiator is wrong, inlet should be top right, water neck is wrong, alternator pulley is wrong should be single, inner fender bolt all should be body painted color, missing black rubber cowl flap under the ballast resistor, valve covers did not have Golden Lion decals, left fender missing data plate. These items if only being judged against another like vehicle, other than that it's the owner's option as to what he likes. It's a nice restored Mopar anyone would be proud of.
Thanks for this Fury! A couple of new observations I hadn’t caught. I knew the radiator was a 68’ but didn’t realize the hose routing was different or the water neck.. Any place that sells that flap under the resistor you mentioned - or a picture of it?

Thanks for this Fury! A couple of new observations I hadn’t caught. I knew the radiator was a 68’ but didn’t realize the hose routing was different or the water neck.. Any place that sells that flap under the resistor you mentioned - or a picture of it?

You can purchase this item from Kramer Automotive Speciaties. I bought mine from there, fit perfect. http://www.kramerauto.com/proddetail.asp?prod=EIT-ST-006. BTW, Stumper, did you once own a '62 bad *** 4-dr.

1jb.jpg

Last edited:

Was this car for sale 5 or 6 years ago

Auto Transport Service
Back