• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Only

You are joking, right?
No.. why would i be? darts are WAY better looking than the 62 plymouths... the grille, the bodylines (although the door trim on this one being too low is killing my soul)
1962-Dodge-Dart-red-ugly-muscle-car-1.jpg

We always want what we don't have. I had a 62 Dart.I always wanted a 62 Savoy !!!!
That is 100% true :) My dream would be a 64 polara 500 (that trim package is just the best ever) had one when i was bout 20 and wish i had kept it.. like 30 other cars :)

So Many threads out there. Lots of good ones but i want to talk about the Unicorns. The 62s a year that was one of a kind. The year that looked different depending on it was an early model or late year model. Some guys are purest i'm not into matching numbers but that's my opinion and probably has to do with the fact that my dad put a 383 in mine 50 plus years ago. I just put 4 wheel disc and i am making mine a little more modern. Last year I traveled 1200 miles to Carlisle only find a grand total of 5 62s and only one convertible (that's what i have) I go to the occasional car show plenty of late 60s there but rarely any 62s may find one at Garlits in two weeks but no convertibles. I would love some pictures and here some stories. I only have one reference when i have a question and that's Joe Suchy and i know hes tired of getting emails from me. I would like to create a community for those of us who still have or love and can share knowledge of 62 Mopars.
I HAVE TWO UNICORNS!

IMG_1896.JPG

MXIZ6868.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

That Blue is beautiful.... I want to run stamp steels on mine, is anyone making affordable aftermarkets or have to hunt down originals? I have all 4 14's but would prefer 15"
Aftermarket 15" steelies are all for later 68-up nine inch hubcaps, the original 62 caps are ten inch. So if you want to use 62 caps you will need custom wheels.
I believe Duster22 (member here) had centers made that would take 10" caps, and 15"hoops.
I'm just running 67 barracuda caps on my steelies on my 62. (15x6, 15x8).

Last edited:
Aftermarket 15" steelies are all for later 68-up nine inch hubcaps, the original 62 caps are ten inch. So if you want to use 62 caps you will need custom wheels.
I believe Duster22 (member here) had centers made that would take 10" caps, and 15"hoops.
I'm just running 67 barracuda caps on my steelies on my 62.
Honestly not that worried about original... Basically just stamped with dogdishes is for me.. i have a set of dogdishes that came with my car but for the 14" so doubt they are fine.. I'm also good with just painted stamped steel with chrome lugs.. i'm easy :)

I don't know if you can still find 15" X 7" steelies in junk yards anymore. Fifth Ave's used to come with them for their wire basket hub caps. These would take the smaller 9" dog dish.

I don't know if you can still find 15" X 7" steelies in junk yards anymore. Fifth Ave's used to come with them for their wire basket hub caps. These would take the smaller 9" dog dish.
These were still around up to 1989 M & J bodies some F bodies had 15's. Also R bodies and late 70's Full size Chrysler C bodies used 15x7''. I have 15x6 from a 71 Newport. Dodge 1/2 ton trucks from 1972 to 1978 still had 4 1/2'' bolt pattern wheels. 1978 Dodge Ramchargers and Plymouth Traildusters had 15x8''

Last edited:
That Blue is beautiful.... I want to run stamp steels on mine, is anyone making affordable aftermarkets or have to hunt down originals? I have all 4 14's but would prefer 15"

I bought my last 15x8" steel wheel from Summit. Free shipping! Takes the smaller dog dish though. Fronts are '80s full size Chrysler. This one is the '66-'67 Dodge cap.
20210704_120159.jpg

20171030_212636.jpg

20220929_212946.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back