• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Polara throttle cable confusion.....

62maxx

Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
Greetings, everyone

I want to replace my throttle cable but pictures of the "new" replacement cables are not matching up to what I currently have. The '62 MoPar Bible Book shows #2268 349 for the cable part number along with the illustrations showing the cable having a clevis on both ends of the cable, one to the carb and one to the accelerator mechanism. (this is what I have, now) Both show the clips to retain the clevis. Mancini Racing offers their #mre8418 cable that says it fits 62-70 "B" Bodies but it also says "oem round style" as is in the pic. so, are there "2" different styles of throttle cables? The book only shows one part number. If so, where would I get one to exactly match the one I have without having to re-do a bunch of stuff ?

As always, thanks again for everyone's thoughtful input. This site is without any doubt, the BEST information tool I have ever used!

:thankyou:

62 throttle cable4.jpg

62 throttle cable6.jpg

62 throttle cable5.jpg

62 throttle cable2.jpg

62 throttle cable3.jpg

62 throttle7.jpg

62 throttle cable7.jpg

This is who I got my cable from, it had the right clevis ends.
IMG_0221.png

It appears that Mancini’s is out of stock on both the stock big block length and the extended length cables.

IMG_0387.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back