• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Fury Parking Light Assembly Removal

edwardalane

Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
Greetings,

I would like to know how to remove the parking light assembly so that I can replace the socket and the wiring harness connected to it?

Do I need to remove the inner wheel well panel that is behind the light? Or, can I remove the light from the front?

Eddie

Darter6,

Thanks for your reply. I have attached a picture of the right side wheel well. I had already removed the 4 screws at the bottom before posting the initial thread.

If you blow the picture up, it seems like there are two dark colored pin nuts above the upper right screw. Are those dark colored nuts what you are talking about?

Also, it looks like my panels have some type of coating material on them. Was this normally done back then?

Eddie

IMG_20230716_172145008.jpg

some type of coating material
dark colored nuts
Factory undercoat.you can loosen with a heat gun and then scrape with a putty knife if you choose.
Sorry cant see the nuts. You can remove that splash panel after finding all the attaching bolts under the undercoating.
Try to see if you can look up between the splash panel and fender to see the back of the light housing.
You may be able to reach up in there to remove the nuts from the studs.Hopefully they are not too rusty.
Mine stripped and or broke off when trying to remove them.

Thanks again Darter6. I got the splash panel off yesterday after using the heat gun and scraping. So now I see the back of the turn signal housing.

One thing I tried, before running out of time, was to add a jumper wire between the negative battery cable and under one of the 4 housing pal nuts to see if it would act as a better ground. That was just a shot. Nothing changed (still no functional turn signal). So now I am going to try and replace the socket harness. The one end of the harness has a connector. Am I correct in thinking I need to remove the headlight near the turn signal to see the female end the socket harness connector attaches to?

My apologies if I am asking too many questions.

Never too many questions. Most likely removing the head lamp will help.
My car is in storage or I'd go look for the pigtail connector.

Had tons a fun with the park lights when restoring my ride. Good thing it was a CA car. The splash shields give good access to take the housings off. What was most fun, not, was finding the correct size inner and outer gaskets. Wondered if ma mopar had different sizes depending on what day of the week it was. Hard to believe what I encountered. Included a couple of photos. At the time could NOT find any new outer gaskets and what I purchased used were WAY off on fit. Ordered the inner's from another source to obtain a proper fit. My light assemblies were fine after clean up so no interest purchasing new ones for big bucks having the gaskets. Hope this isn't the case 4 years later. If not I'd like to hear. I cut and installed to find a decent fit; but if available now would like to change.

Ran into problems installing LED's in the front, all good for tail lights. Put in an LED flasher. The fronts would blink but only BOTH at the same time. Original bulbs worked fine. Did some grounding experimenting to no avail, so moved onto other pressing re-assemblies since bright rear lights and brakes were most important to me.

20170503_083342.jpg

20170503_083506.jpg

20170519_171131.jpg

20170531_073710.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back