• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 left front frame

64PolaraVert

Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
Hello all! Just picked up a 63 Dodge 440 four door and it definitely needs work. But poking around on how much work it needs, I came across the front driver's side frame rail that after I've poked enough, there wasn't much left. How costly could this be?
20231026_213012.jpg

20231026_212912.jpg

Better look the rest over closely. You can bet there is more to come.

We have front frame rails, and full front sub structures too, all rustfree. More if needed. Just let us know.

Check the torsion bar crossmember and rockers over good as well.

Sadly I can't imagine that 4dr is worth getting on the road cause if you can see that I bet there is MORE where that came from....

Sadly I can't imagine that 4dr is worth getting on the road cause if you can see that I bet there is MORE where that came from....
Thanks everyone! I completely get that but there is huge sentimental value to me so I feel like I have to at least research. There is indeed more rust but this seems to be the only major structural rust. The torsion boxes are good as are the rockers and rear frame rails other than a spot just in front the rear bumper also on the driver's side.

So I know it will never be what I put into it and it would be an absolute labor of love in this car.

@Dodge33 , how much for the left frame rail? Feel free to take this to DM if that is more appropriate at this time.

Last edited:
Sentimental value can get pretty expensive....but, if that area is in the battery area which looks to me it's not, then fix it.

Sentimental value can get pretty expensive....but, if that area is in the battery area which looks to me it's not, then fix it.
I can understand that it can definitely get expensive but I am hoping that my goal of the car being minimalistic as possible will help.

It is just behind the battery area by the upper control arm rear mount on the driver's side.

Fix it...screw resale value. If you enjoy the car fix it and drive it.

I gave up on those high dollar restos long ago.

Old cars are like women...they don't have to be perfect to be fun!

Auto Transport Service
Back