• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Plymouth stock eliminator project

What do you have for a rear end setup. I still have my tapered axle 8 3/4 back there.

Making some headway...talked to a guy about doing the interior work (carpet, headliner, door and rear panels) he's going to stop at the house this week to check it out. Bought new Hoosiers since the old tires lose about 5 lbs. of pressure a day. Fired it up to check for leaks (radiator and fuel pump, so far so good) still need to hook up the tach, change oil ( still has break in oil) bleed brakes, clean up some wiring. Bought some A-990 bucket seats from a friend...would like to get her out for some T-N-T in July.

View attachment 1485172

What do you have for a rear end setup. I still have my tapered axle 8 3/4 back there.

View attachment 1485123
Braced 8 3/4 with Moser axles and 4.56 gears. Don't know what year b body the axle housing came out of.

IMG_0224.JPG

my 63 sport fury golden commando with a hot 383 single 850 cfm carb ran 11.73 in the quarter , 4.89 rear gears 727 with a trick 5k converter , and a 8k redline cam . stock block , rods and crankshaft . it had mw heads with a customized single plain intake of the day , back in 73 . it went record in ihra event . we have been running it with a soft c/r 440 for pump gas with mw heads and intake , as a street / strip car running 11.80 off the trailer with bfg drag radials through the muffers with 4.56 in the butt . oh ya 6 blade steel fan mounted to the waterpump , brass radiator , miny alt and reduction pulleys . just like a street car , lol .

Fury.png

63 sport fury mw sear point runnin 11.jpg

05190027.jpg

63 sport fury mw on desplay at sears point goodouys april me.jpg

05190025.jpg

Last edited:
can't quite see my 8 3/4 bracing , but it was done from center of both springs across . the shocks are vertical mounted to the side frame rails . and had tobe moved more to the rear because the brace bent both shocks on a hard lunch , lol . live n learn .

Scan0047_0047.jpg

Scan0048_0048.jpg

Oil and filter, fresh belts, fresh Hoosiers, tach mounted and hooked up, fuel cell vented. Can't live with this throttle linkage though. Still a few tracks open through Oct. for test n tune. So close...

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG

Not finished yet but ready for some test n tune, one little problem though...THE TRACKS ARE CLOSED!!

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

Nice looking set up, looks like a runner too...

find someplace remote to let it eat,
make a few launches & maybe some 1/2 passes
always some 'way out place' you can do a few short blasts

make sure take someone to video you :poke:
so you can show US too

anyway good luck

this car ran 10.73 in 1973 with a wild 8k 383 850 cfm combo , it's been around for a long time as a racer/street machine

Fury.png

Grate looking Car. The pain we go through. But it is all worth it in the end. Have fun.

Nice looking set up, looks like a runner too...

find someplace remote to let it eat,
make a few launches & maybe some 1/2 passes
always some 'way out place' you can do a few short blasts

make sure take someone to video you :poke:
so you can show US too

anyway good luck
I have done that since we live out in the country, didn't take a video. Engine feels strong but need a track where I can get some feedback...60 ft. and at least an 1/8 mile ET and speed.

Auto Transport Service
Back