• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 330 Street Hemi build

I have decided to put this body on a rotisserie. Here's what i'm thinking. Send the body to the media blaster the way it is, get it back to the shop for a quick coat of primer, Make sure the body is "square", replace the floor pans (I have them ordered), THEN put the body on the rotisserie. Here's my concern, there is practically zero structure in the floor assy the way it's so badly rusted. Am I over thinkin' this one? Will the car "survive" the rotisserie in it's current condition? Come to think of it, i would have to take the body off the rotisserie to put the floor pans in anyway. Am I thinking correctly here? Don't know how many guys are following this thread, but I'm sure the most important ones are.:grin:

Guess I kind of answered my own question in the previous post... Anyway, here's a couple of quick shots. Some of the dash and the car loaded to take to the blaster, from which I just got back. Oh, BTW floor pans are being delivered tomorrow...:headbang:

Attachments

• Blaster10.jpg
    Blaster10.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,280
  • Dash1.jpg
    Dash1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,271
  • Dash2.jpg
    Dash2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,282
few shots. back from the blaster this afternoon. quarters look good a few scars, cowl and firewall need some attention, frame rails great, fenders have a few scars also not a big deal. dash turned out good no filler, holes or dents. all-in-all, very happy with a save-able, damn near, 50 year old 2 door post...

Attachments

• back15.jpg
    back15.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,244
  • back16.jpg
    back16.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,228
  • back17.jpg
    back17.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,225
  • back18.jpg
    back18.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,220
  • back19.jpg
    back19.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,229
64 dodge

Do you have repair sheet metal for your cowl area? If not, PM me. I've got some good cowls that I'll sell.

few shots. back from the blaster this afternoon. quarters look good a few scars, cowl and firewall need some attention, frame rails great, fenders have a few scars also not a big deal. dash turned out good no filler, holes or dents. all-in-all, very happy with a save-able, damn near, 50 year old 2 door post...

stop posting pictures from my cowl! LOL

now serioulsy, this is a nice car and I am keen to see your progress

Very Nice Car...!!!! I hope you're planning on having the car media blasted. It makes the whole process of building a fine Mopar into a whole new start. Plus, rust areas will be eliminated and will show where you will need to really replace. Otherwise, good luck with the build and keep the pictures coming...!!!

Interested in watching this come together. Mostly the rust repair in the cowl/firewall area. So far so good!

Been working on the accy side of the project lately. Interior fabric chosen, donor car on the way, working on small parts. Elephant coming along, picking up the trans and accy at MoPar nats in august. a few shots of the molasses dip started....

Attachments

• molasses24.jpg
    molasses24.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,116
  • molasses25.jpg
    molasses25.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,119
  • molasses26.jpg
    molasses26.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,109
Hemi K-Member from Al Devebec. First class work...

Attachments

• k mem27.jpg
    k mem27.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,100
  • k mem30.jpg
    k mem30.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,281
  • k mem31.jpg
    k mem31.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,087
That is a sweet k-frame.

couple shots of the trunk pan removed and the new rear spring mounts. the fifth shot is the new trunk pan modified for the minitub kind of hard to make out. thats just a roll of fiberglass mat behind the shot.

Attachments

• trunkpan.jpg
    trunkpan.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,048
  • trunkpan1.jpg
    trunkpan1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,044
  • trunkpan2.jpg
    trunkpan2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,053
  • trunkpan3.jpg
    trunkpan3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,020
  • trunkpan4.jpg
    trunkpan4.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,051
picked up the trans and all accy from the block face back from Jamie at Columbus this past weekend. Great guys.

Attachments

• trans48.jpg
    trans48.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 998
Look what the mailman brought today... Eddie Haines. Hemihaines.com :headbang:

Attachments

• new 42653.jpg
    new 42653.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 973
  • new 42652.jpg
    new 42652.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,013
Look what the mailman brought today... Eddie Haines. Hemihaines.com :headbang:

nice looking hemi i cant wait till my hemis to that stage.

Nothing like making everyone else on this forum jealous, lol!! Looks amazing!

Thanks guys... I gotta tell ya, it's taken 30ish years of hard work to get to a place where this can happen. I'm sure Y'all know. Seven days a week for about 20 of the 30... slowing down a little now and enjoying some of the HP... DW and I are truly blessed.

nice build. I love these 64 dodges. Al is a great guy and does nice work. I have a bunch of parts and a 4 dr 330 I was going to convert to a 2 dr. not missing a lot to do the car. I will sell all of it. lots of parts. 413 pb auto. I will watch your progress.

Auto Transport Service
Back