• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara Gen3 Turbo Build

hi i am in texas dfw metroplex and interested in discussing my 69 charger 5.7 hemi build...

TTI has motor mounts. You can use a truck pan. Hot wire can setup the ecu

Posted via Topify on Android

You can't use a truck pan with a stock k-member. You need an aftermarket pan, the cheapest is a milodon with pickup for center sump.

Were you able to run a truck pan with aftermarket suspension?

You can't use a truck pan with a stock k-member. You need an aftermarket pan, the cheapest is a milodon with pickup for center sump.

Were you able to run a truck pan with aftermarket suspension?

where a good place to order the milodin pickup do you have a part number? what do you think about the schumacher engine mounts?

Why use a metal pan when you can use aluminum and help with the "oil heat"?

Here is my latest update.

Rear suspension done
Cage done
Rear firewall done

I'm going to drop it a couple more inches all the way around. But other than sway bars....the chassis is completely done

Attachments

• topify_1399757010233.jpg
    topify_1399757010233.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 560
  • topify_1399757035621.jpg
    topify_1399757035621.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 576
  • topify_1399757061167.jpg
    topify_1399757061167.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 581
Looking good LX! When do we see 1/4 mile slips?!
Hopefully in the next couple months. I need a lot of fab for the turbo and accessory fitment. I still need about 1000 worth of harnesses too.

Thanks for mentioning the Dominator. I didn't know it existed. It looks to have a generic harness only, yet you mentioned plug and play with the hemi (I must have missed that on Holley.com). Do you have a part number list for what you bought? Any idea if it can cope with drive by cable throttle bodies?

Hopefully in the next couple months. I need a lot of fab for the turbo and accessory fitment. I still need about 1000 worth of harnesses too.

Thanks for mentioning the Dominator. I didn't know it existed. It looks to have a generic harness only, yet you mentioned plug and play with the hemi (I must have missed that on Holley.com). Do you have a part number list for what you bought? Any idea if it can cope with drive by cable throttle bodies?

It can do cable throttle bodies. There are late and early harnesses. I'd be happy to post a parts list.

Last edited:
Perfect. I would prefer the cable driven method. I'm very curious about the final cost of this EFI. FAST is about $3k, Mopar about $2700, AEM about the same, Hotwire about $1500, MegaSquirt about $1500 (purchased built).....

Looking forward to see your installation, and parts list.

The page in the Holley parts catalog where you can find the new hemi stuff
http://www.holley.com/HolleyEFICatalog/#14

Here is the parts list
554-144 - Holley Dominator EFI - $1630 via autoplicity (most folks will not need the dominator, the HP will do just fine)
558-308 - Main Power harness - $55 available through summit, ebay, etc
558-107 - Hemi 2006+ Main Harness - $445 (I believe, only available through Holley currently)
558-210 - Hemi USCAR injector harness - $130 (Holley only currently)
558-311 - Hemi 2006+ coil pack harness - $165 (Holley only currently)
554-122 - Coil Driver Module - $165 I believe (Available through Holley)
558-418 - Hemi 2007+ Drive by wire harness - $129 (558419 for manual throttle body)

All told I believe it is about $2800 in drive by wire form.

Awesome thanks. There's a good thread over at pro-touring that I'm reading. It looks like a winner.

Off to SNL Performance in Fort Worth for the turbo fab next.

Attachments

• topify_1400278997834.jpg
    topify_1400278997834.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 521
Auto Transport Service
Back