• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 console carpet supplier

ram250098

Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
I emailed Dantes Mopar today because I wanted to buy the carpet for the long auto console on my 65 Coronet. I am looking at....wait for it....$175 to my door. I know Mopar parts are pricey but how can they justify that kind of money for some carpet scraps. Legendary is the same price.
I guess I need to buy a sewing machine and some carpet...still be cheaper LOL
Anyone know of any other suppliers?
If I do find a set I will make some templates for sure.
Thanks
AL

That is insane!!!!

I know LOL...didn't help he wanted $60 for shipping. If they make some of these prices abit more reasonable in "product and shipping" they would make more sales.. even at $115 for the carpet I was ready to buy till he told me the shipping cost...lost me right there LOL.
AL

Al,

I just replaced the carpet on my console. I found a seller on ebay that sells automotive carpet remnants. The ebay seller is victorycoinc, and I purchased a 18"x40" piece of Detroit Automotive black loop pile carpet, $18., free shipping. I took it to my local auto interior shop and they charged me $25. to remove the old carpet cut to size and replace the new carpet I provided. I had removed all trim before bringing it to them. I see that this seller has many or if you contact him any size remnant you may need. I can provide a photo if you need.

Nick Tiberio
FuryUs63

Thanks Nick that is what I was thinking about doing. Really the only thing is the edging to finish off the carpet so it doesn't fray, is that the justifcation for the price?
Thanks again
Al

I purchased an entire carpet from an ACC carpet distributor for alot less than year one or any of those other jobbers that just buy the product and sell it.

You guys are supposed to ask BEFORE you pull the trigger:bootyshake::dink:

Attachments

• 5.19.12 041.jpg
    5.19.12 041.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 355
Al, the $25. charge included sewing a border edge after the carpet was cut to shape.

Nick

Go to Pro/Fit Auto Interiors. I sent them the old carpet off of my console (65 Satelitte) for a pattern. I did my own console carpet. If you decide to do this, you can order mininum of 1/2 yard of matching carpet from Legendary. Pro/Fit great people to work with. Ask for Libby. Hope this helps!

I priced the kit out at Legendary as well they were the same price but Legendary wanted $75 in shipping $15 more than Dante's. Even if I order a 1/2 yard it will still be huge shipping. I think I will try and find or do something custom. I don't mind paying for stuff I just hate getting raped for shipping *g*.
AL

Go to a local auto upholstery shop and have them make it for you. They probably have all the materials there.

That could be an option, I perfer to do this stuff myself. Thanks for all the advice guys. It still blows my mind they charge that kinda money for what is nothing more than carpet scraps *g*
AL

I purchased an entire carpet from an ACC carpet distributor for alot less than year one or any of those other jobbers that just buy the product and sell it.

You guys are supposed to ask BEFORE you pull the trigger:bootyshake::dink:
What distributor did you go with and whats the contact info? I was going to call Legendary.

I bought some 20/60 loop off Ebay for $16 bucks and got some rope style carpet binding from a sewing store.
Total cost with shipping of the carpet $39.50.
Maybe next year I will change the carpet to red and redo the console but it is ok for this year.
AL

Attachments

• CONSOLE 001.jpg
    CONSOLE 001.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 247
That's the way to do it, simple and cost effective. Looks very nice!!

Attachments

• 5.19.12 007.jpg
    5.19.12 007.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 5.19.12 041.jpg
    5.19.12 041.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 203
  • 5.19.12 006.jpg
    5.19.12 006.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 224
Auto Transport Service
Back