• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 coroent steering wheel - how to get all things together?

65coronet500

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
I am locing for some help to put my steering wheel togeter. This is how it looks:
show-image_100b-10051620284425.jpg

I also have this part:
show-image_100b-10051620653848.jpg

And this one:
show-image_100b-10051620446184.jpg

Now I am looking for what is missing! There must be something. I don't have screws etc.. If you have a picture/instructions how to put it together or the part that's missing, please post it. Thank you very much.

Btw.: It all goes in here:
show-image_100b-10051620438079.jpg
:grin:

Thanks
Bjoern

I don't know if you want to be all stock or not, but as a 66 Coronet owner one of the best things I did was go with an aftermarket steering wheel.

The steering wheels on the earlier cars are way to big.

Grant makes everything from simple and affordable wheels to more pricier models. Here's the set up I've had for years.

Mounting kit - part #4310 - For Grant wheels and your car is around $22 at Summit.

An affordable wheel would be something like a Model 503 which is the classic chrome 3 spoke with a foam grip around $33 at summit. It's a small 13 1/2" diameter wheel. You may want something larger.

You may like something in Grants "Nostalgia Wheels" line.

You are only missing the cast ring that holds the horn ring to the steering wheel!It goes on first, then the horn button.the hornring attaches with a 1/4turn.

@TIG: I try to go stock first. But I know the steering wheel is big! Would consider it plan "B". Furthermore I am in Germany make the price you suggest in EURO and double it. Then you got the amount what I would pay here (international shipping + tax + ...)

@moparsteve: do you have a parts number, seller, link or something else for me please? Maybe picture form manual?

Thanks to both

Auto Transport Service
Back