• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'65 Coronet Disc Brakes

Bigtime

Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for a reasonably priced complete front power disc brake kit for my '65 Dodge Coronet. I want to convert from drum to disc.
Your suggestions will be appreciated. I am looking for a new kit.....not a combination of salvage yard parts.
Thanks as always,
Steve

Steve, check out Right Stuff Corp. I bought the disc conversion kits for my '63 & '65 B-Body's from them at Carlisle past. Good prices on the kits, and They had Free Shipping for a while also. My kits were Not Power, but They probably have them as well. Dr. Diff may deal with them also, so He Is a Good Choice too...

I just did this on a 64 Dodge call Dr. Diff.
I have to call Dr. Diff anyway......we are putting a 4.10 center section in the same car. I'll check the site for prices. Thanks!

Steve, check out Right Stuff Corp. I bought the disc conversion kits for my '63 & '65 B-Body's from them at Carlisle past. Good prices on the kits, and They had Free Shipping for a while also. My kits were Not Power, but They probably have them as well. Dr. Diff may deal with them also, so He Is a Good Choice too...
Thanks! I made a note of the Co. Actually, I'm not sure why I even said "power" I don't need power, I just need to upgrade from a single master cylinder.

Hello,
I'm looking for a reasonably priced complete front power disc brake kit for my '65 Dodge Coronet. I want to convert from drum to disc.
Your suggestions will be appreciated. I am looking for a new kit.....not a combination of salvage yard parts.
Thanks as always,
Steve

Did this on my ‘65 Coronet:
I changed my spindles over to use the ‘73 & up larger B body inner wheel bearings, got those from Classic Industries and then bought a Wilwood disc brake kit to fit those spindles from Summit. Mine was for manual brakes. SSBC makes a complete kit for power brakes that will have everything you need and will work on the stock spindles.

I also have a 4.10 sure-grip rear end in my ‘65, good for in-town but a bit steep for any highway driving.

Let’s see some pictures of your ‘65!

Here’s mine:
8B37A970-F1D0-4A5A-A06D-F0332E9DFAEE.jpeg

Pirate Jack

Steve,
If you can find a current edition of Mopar Action, Dr. Ehrenberg has a good article on
a company called Scarebird that has made some in-house brackets and a parts list
from Rockauto for a whole lot of different car makes that is a pretty reasonable and less expensive option for doing an upgrade. If you can't find the MA article just go to
Scarebird.com.
Good luck. RR

Hello,
Thanks as always,
Steve

Doctor Diff has everything you need for that conversion. I used a bunch of parts from Doctor Diff to put disc brakes on the front and rear of my '65 Coronet.
DSC_2420 (Large).jpeg
DSC_2417 (Large).JPG

Thanks! I made a note of the Co. Actually, I'm not sure why I even said "power" I don't need power, I just need to upgrade from a single master cylinder.

Doctor Diff will also have what you need to upgrade to a dual master cylinder. He carries a dual line conversion kit including the new T block but he might not show it on his website. Sometimes his website is the last thing he works on after shipping orders all day long.

Here is what the dual line conversion kit looks like.

DSC_3236 (Large).JPG

Doctor Diff will also have what you need to upgrade to a dual master cylinder. He carries a dual line conversion kit including the new T block but he might not show it on his website. Sometimes his website is the last thing he works on after shipping orders all day long.
Thanks for the info!

Doctor Diff has everything you need for that conversion. I used a bunch of parts from Doctor Diff to put disc brakes on the front and rear of my '65 Coronet.
View attachment 1005585 View attachment 1005586

Your car is same color as mine was. What size tire combo are you running looks nice. I have my have ss springs with offset hangers. Want to fit the widest tire possible. Thanks and nice car

Your car is same color as mine was. What size tire combo are you running looks nice. I have my have ss springs with offset hangers. Want to fit the widest tire possible. Thanks and nice car
Sorry for the late reply.....thanks for the kind words........the rear tires are M/T Sportsmans......275 X 60 X 15s on 15 X 8 Torque Thrust D's. No spring alterations at all and I have about 1" clearance on both sides of the tire. Fronts are 255 X 60 X 15s. Same wheels.....I don't like a skinny front tire w/P/S. You could go wider on the rear I believe.

Auto Transport Service
Back