• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 vinyl top question.

Randy Marsh

Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
I've never had the opportunity to get a close look at a 66-67 with a vinyl top. Would anything be required to install one on a car that originally didn't have one? I know some other cars have different trim to accept/hide the edges. Thanks

The only thing needed is the trim pieces at the top of the A pillar.

20190813_154833.jpg

Thanks guys, that's what I figured. Can only blow up images so much.

You can run the vinyl down the A pillar I think makes a better look. Just my opinion

You also need the sail panel trim. I have a burnt 67 that had the dealer installed vinyl roof like 66`s.
The sail panel trim is the same regardless of vinyl top or no vinyl top.

Last edited:
I was thinking of the long trim that goes past the bottom of the rear side glass towards the trunk, don’t know if I explained it correctly.

For the lack of a better picture.
20180509_115314.jpg

Ah! I was thinking Charger. Did some of the 66 Coronet and Satellites have vinyl going all the way down the A pillar?
Not from the factory. I have seen this done on restorations.

Ah! I was thinking Charger. Did some of the 66 Coronet and Satellites have vinyl going all the way down the A pillar?
This is for a Belvedere. I'm on the fence as to which direction I want to go, but I do love vinyl and dog dishes.

Auto Transport Service
Back